Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised that there has not been a post about Macedo Motorsports until now. My experience with Larry has been fantastic. Our first meeting was at the V10 Nationals at Norwalk, my car broke, badly, and Larry spent most of the night at the VCA dinner party working on my car, trying to figure out just what had happened. This was our first meeting, I was not a customer, but he gave up the party and worked for about 3 hours, for free. That convinced me, I delivered the car to Macedo Motorsports and Larry did a superb job on rebuilding my motor. Attention to detail has to be one of his strong points, I watched my motor being assyembled and was amazed at how many times he checked, double checked, and triple checked settings, torque etc. He is extreemly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about our cars. He is one of the tuners that supports us, he deserves our support in return. You will not find a better business to deal with, a nicer man to deal with and you will come away completely satisfied.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Blown motor? Yikes! How'd you blow it!? Over-rev it? Hate to hear stories like that.. Agreed, Larry is 1st class!

Gerald

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cast piston, boost creep, I don't know what all caused it, even lost a rocker stud. 1Tony1 was with me trying to nurse the car to the party that night. He can testify, it was a very very sick sound, metal parts what metal parts shouldn't be, but, Larry has it all dialed in now. Believe me, you can trust him to do what is right and not screw you in the process.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Larry gets lots a props. This is the first I've visited this section otherwise I would have posted. Larry does all the work on my Vipers that I can't do.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
VIPR GTS said:
Snakebitten, thats me, we ate with you and mojo at norwalk.
Glad to hear your beast is back on the road...and further confirms that I need to get my motor built, before I drop a cylinder...or two...

BACK ON TOPIC: Larry is a class act...super nice guy...and lives on the wrong coast! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Larry is a class act for sure. VIPR GTS's Viper looks stunning, especially under the hood. It is easily the meanest and baddest sounding Viper I've ever heard.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
VIPR GTS said:
I am surprised that there has not been a post about Macedo Motorsports until now. My experience with Larry has been fantastic. Our first meeting was at the V10 Nationals at Norwalk, my car broke, badly, and Larry spent most of the night at the VCA dinner party working on my car, trying to figure out just what had happened. This was our first meeting, I was not a customer, but he gave up the party and worked for about 3 hours, for free. That convinced me, I delivered the car to Macedo Motorsports and Larry did a superb job on rebuilding my motor. Attention to detail has to be one of his strong points, I watched my motor being assyembled and was amazed at how many times he checked, double checked, and triple checked settings, torque etc. He is extreemly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about our cars. He is one of the tuners that supports us, he deserves our support in return. You will not find a better business to deal with, a nicer man to deal with and you will come away completely satisfied.
VIPR GTS
I agree with you totally. Larry is a great tuner and friend.
Also it was great meeting you. You've got a great looking and fasssst car. We were both having fun learning how to drive them beast. It's hard running on pilot sports. Especially with your 3:55 gear. I can attest for you Larry has your car running strong.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For people looking for a tuner, Larry is also at all of the V10 Nationals to make sure that all of his customers cars are performing correctly and to provide service to his clients. Fast cars, quality work and support at the track, Larry is the man to go to. It is always comforting when you are running that hard to know that your tuner is on the sidelines backing you up.
Thanks Larry

·
Registered
239 Posts
DITTO, DITTO, Macedo Motorsports goes way out of their way to make their customers happy. I was able to attend the Race in Ohio due to Larry's help, The Macedo crew, and that of Gary Soltys. They took my rig up their for me, so that I could fly in. Larry spotted that the tag on my truck was out of registration, so he got his side kick, Mrs Macedo to go down to the DMV and straighten it out. Great group, thanks for the all the help and great customer and friend support. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
Fuelman said:
DITTO, DITTO, Macedo Motorsports goes way out of their way to make their customers happy. I was able to attend the Race in Ohio due to Larry's help, The Macedo crew, and that of Gary Soltys. They took my rig up their for me, so that I could fly in. Larry spotted that the tag on my truck was out of registration, so he got his side kick, Mrs Macedo to go down to the DMV and straighten it out. Great group, thanks for the all the help and great customer and friend support. :thumb:
John, his actions speak louder than words. Larry and his crew went out of their way to help make a great weekend foreverybody involved to include myself! They are the most professional individuals that it had been my pleasure to work with :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Larry Macedo has helped me countless times. I refer work to him whenever possible, including now. I have never worked with a more dedicated and meticulous person.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm really proud of my posse! You guys continually show up place a podium finish in your respective classes, time after time. These are the people that make my job so much fun, even if I don't show it all of the time. Thank you, guys!

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Larry did my motor build over 2 years ago....deflowered my "Creampuff" made her strong with forged pistons....my second to last pass was a 9.71 pass and then recently I had a soft launch then spun hard when I shifted into 4rd gear and had to back out and still ran a 9.95 at 141 mph.

Larry can do turbos, superchargers, nitrous, stroker or head and cam packages....he is truly a perfectionist with VERY fair pricing.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
He's also the tuner of the V-10 Nationals points winner.........................................

Whoever it is! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Larry has always treated me fair and done GREAT WORK. Very nice to work with.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
VIPR GTS said:
Wow, a Larry love fest, wait till Superdavz chimes in, I think they are brothers or something.
:rofl:

Larry is the best though!

1 - 20 of 145 Posts