Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would someone do this??

[image]http://images.autotrader.com/images/2004/4/23/159/675/827371045.159675673.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg[/image]

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Because they're stupid fucks that don't know what to do with a great car when they own one.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I've got bike racks on mine with a front brush guard that I took of my old hummer. I would post a pic, but.... :lolcry:

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I use my car's luggage rack all the time - it's the only way I'm able to get all 4 tires to the shop when I need them all changed. Plus it is useful on long roadtrips when you have the top off and need storage. Overall, quite a useful convenience, I'm not sure how I would have gotten by without it, given the minimal storage space in the Viper. I would highly recommend that you invest in such.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Can you take it off without leaving holes? If so, I can see using it on a long trip, or to haul tires around, but if it's permanent, there's no fucking way!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
BigCarrot said:
Can you take it off without leaving holes? If so, I can see using it on a long trip, or to haul tires around, but if it's permanent, there's no fucking way!
Nope, but with a little bit of craftsmanship, you can mold an additional piece to attach to the rear section which functions as a very nice wing. I'm sure AB can make one for you with his welding skills.

·
Registered
597 Posts
RSVIPER said:
I like my roof rack better, I can put the cargo carrier from a mini van on top /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
I want to see pictures of this! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Jamie said:
Why would someone do this??

[image]http://images.autotrader.com/images/2004/4/23/159/675/827371045.159675673.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg[/image]
I would have to say that is a Vette guy who couldn't let go of his 70's roots.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You think the luggage rack is good for long trips? Do like I did, I had a tow hitch installed on mine. Then just hook up your trailer and off you go. All the tires and parts, tools, etc. you need.

Mark
/images/graemlins/smiles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.