Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,650 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Looks like you guys didn't get going that fast. I think(especially on high HP cars) the only way to tell what CAR is faster is to do a nice long roll on(60-180) or something like that. In this case, you are clearly the faster driver. I just wonder if you have the faster car. Either way, a win is a win. :thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The LPE cars' are great cars.......where else can you get a car that will give you conservatively, 800+ horsepower, get 30+ MPG cruising on the hiway 80-85 MPH, with the a/c running.....and warranty to boot!!

I'm just blessed to have best of both worlds........

Peace!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The race was a dead stop full 1/4 mile run. The Vette on the low boost has run 149 mph in the 1/4 mile.( the way I ran the Viper ) To be honest he never had a chance. I built the car just for street racing.( 1/4 mile off the line ) I only run Nitto or BFG street tires. Yes, we both had to take off very easy. Its not at the track so you just cant get in it like you would there. But IM sure you guys know this that run on the street from a stop.

·
Premium Member
19,650 Posts
DJ Self said:
The race was a dead stop full 1/4 mile run. The Vette on the low boost has run 149 mph in the 1/4 mile.( the way I ran the Viper ) To be honest he never had a chance. I built the car just for street racing.( 1/4 mile off the line ) I only run Nitto or BFG street tires. Yes, we both had to take off very easy. Its not at the track so you just cant get in it like you would there. But IM sure you guys know this that run on the street from a stop.
The reason for asking is I raced a hopped up cobra(pulley, headers, X-pipe, chip) and he had nittos while I was running straight pilots at 30 PSI. I couldn't get traction until 3rd and that's when I pulled from him. If I have even Kumho's, it wouldn't have been close. That said, 149 in the 1/4 is some great power, sweet car bud :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
99 RT/10 said:
The reason for asking is I raced a hopped up cobra(pulley, headers, X-pipe, chip) and he had nittos while I was running straight pilots at 30 PSI. I couldn't get traction until 3rd and that's when I pulled from him. If I have even Kumho's, it wouldn't have been close. That said, 149 in the 1/4 is some great power, sweet car bud :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks, yeah I need to get some 18in wheels for the Viper. I dont want to lose a race because of tire. That is the worst.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,650 Posts
SGC-ZR1 said:
DAMN!, good video....

News just in...

VETTE GOT RAPED!
Did you notice how fast they were going at the end and that the Radar Detector started to blip. I'm thinking there was a fast getaway by our local hero :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Viper had just put down 921rwhp on Wed. night.. Raced at the V-10 Nationals in Kentucky, ran (I think his best was 10.6 @ 146) friday and this race happened on Sunday...

Yes, the Viper was on BFG Drag Radials and the place that they raced, we have cars pulling the wheels off the ground there because your launching off concrete..

Heres another vid of it racing a Mustang the same day.. Yes the viper missed a gear for a sec.. but as you'll see the mustang didn't hook..

This only the first part of the vid.. I'm unable to pull the rest of the vid. off the VOB file.. And the owner of the Viper has the other vids I took that day.. Just won't share..

http://motorcityoutlaws.com/userfiles/RyanZug/Videos/wes vs moundir begining.wmv

Btw.. the mustang pulled away from the Viper..

·
Registered
50 Posts
GARY JAVO said:
Looks like you guys didn't get going that fast. I think(especially on high HP cars) the only way to tell what CAR is faster is to do a nice long roll on(60-180) or something like that. In this case, you are clearly the faster driver. I just wonder if you have the faster car. Either way, a win is a win. :thumb:
gary,
On Planet earth, 99.9% oforganized races are won by the quickest object to get to a certain point, designated as the finish line. From Go-karts, to cars, to footraces.

The winner is never the fastest...

The winner is the quickest.

Write that down.

·
Premium Member
19,650 Posts
-X- said:
The Viper had just put down 921rwhp on Wed. night.. Raced at the V-10 Nationals in Kentucky, ran (I think his best was 10.6 @ 146) friday and this race happened on Sunday...

Yes, the Viper was on BFG Drag Radials and the place that they raced, we have cars pulling the wheels off the ground there because your launching off concrete..

Heres another vid of it racing a Mustang the same day.. Yes the viper missed a gear for a sec.. but as you'll see the mustang didn't hook..

This only the first part of the vid.. I'm unable to pull the rest of the vid. off the VOB file.. And the owner of the Viper has the other vids I took that day.. Just won't share..

http://motorcityoutlaws.com/userfiles/RyanZug/Videos/wes vs moundir begining.wmv

Btw.. the mustang pulled away from the Viper..

THE VIDEO IS ONLY HALF THERE, you're missing the end of the race!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.