Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
For just a 1/2" drop go with the Northwest Engineering Lowering caps. They are machined spring perches that are very easy to install.

For a 1" drop - go with the Eibach springs - however this will effect your 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
For just a 1/2" drop go with the Northwest Engineering Lowering caps. They are machined spring perches that are very easy to install.

For a 1" drop - go with the Eibach springs - however this will effect your 1/4 mile time.
Thanks Anthony, that is what I thought just wanted to make sure. I think I will try the caps first. Can't be messing w/ my quarter times. How is the single life treating you? Lucky Bastard.......LOL Get your ass to Carolina. :nod: Matt

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the SVS "Hypercoil" springs? Are they better than the Eibach's? How much lower will they let the car sit? Will they also effect the 1/4 mile time?

PS: What is Northwest Engineering's Website address?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
THOR said:
Anyone have any experience with the SVS "Hypercoil" springs? Are they better than the Eibach's? How much lower will they let the car sit? Will they also effect the 1/4 mile time?

PS: What is Northwest Engineering's Website address?
Thor - any lowering will lessen weight transfer and thus adversely effect 1/4 mile time.

Sorry - its Northwind Engineering - go HERE

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Thanx Anthony. Conversely, if I raise the car, will that improve my 1/4 mile time? The higher the lift kit the better my time??

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif (j/k, as I was not aware of this adverse effect for lowering. Hmmmm, poser versus speed...????) /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Thanx for the info/link, and your sharing your expertise. :cheers:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Anthony - 98 GTS said:

Sorry Anthony, if anyone blames their 1/4 mile time because of eibach springs is nothing but an excuse. I lowered my '02 one inch, that made as low as my '97 from the factory. I can still pull high 11's lowered.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
PRVT JET said:
Anthony - 98 GTS said:

Sorry Anthony, if anyone blames their 1/4 mile time because of eibach springs is nothing but an excuse. I lowered my '02 one inch, that made as low as my '97 from the factory. I can still pull high 11's lowered.
Actually - it makes a difference. Especailly the faster you are. Most 9 second Vipers are using stock springs or drag shocks.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
actually, the post about lowering the car worsening your 1/4 time is A DEFINITE MYTH.....

let me explain: I suck at launching with/without my eibachs.. :lolcry: :lolcry:

actually what he means is the car won't "squat" as well and the transfer is not as clean.. REMEMBER: eibach pro springs are not linear/or progressive..they're both. They're actually progressive in the back and linear in front (I think..may have it backwards /images/graemlins/sad ). which explains the squatting problems. but it handles well...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
It will affect your 1/4 time most definitely...it may not be that much, but it does. It's pure physics..dropping it is not the problem, it's the progressive spring rate that keeps it from squatting all the way and "resists the squat" and that affects time without a doubt. it may be insignificant or inconceiveable , but it affects time. That's great you pull high elevens...but physically, you can get faster or would have on that run had it squatted better. Maybe .000001 sec or so, LOL. Not arguing with you, just stating facts from a physics/chemsitry major. Can't argue with physics anyway.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I agree super, I spend more time running around the streets. I wanted a tighter suspension. I only drag race about 3 times a year, and it looks awesome compared to stock.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Looks a million times better...people just don't understand the difference/..it looks killer compared to stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts