Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larry Macedo, John Hennessey and I have been working together on a few things for you do it yourselfers. The first and foremost we are working with a company that would make Head gaskets that could lower you compression without touching you pistons or cylinder heads. These gaskets are not copper so there is no need to oring your heads. Problem is they require 50 sets to get the process started. Right now on my own car I am use a .093 gasket with lower the compression to approx 8.9:1. IF you are interesed please contact LARRY ( [email protected] ), JOHN [email protected] MYSELF( [email protected] ) to get you name on a set.

The Price is $350 for a pair

If you plan on boosting you car to high hp number be safe lower your compression. These are good for Roe or Paxton set ups !!!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Yes, the gaskets are being made by Cometic to our own proprietary specs. They will be superior to the factory head gaskets in every way and will work great for both NA and boosted applications. These gaskets will work for all Gen 2 and Gen 3 Vipers. We are doing an initial run of 50 sets of gaskets. About half of them are already spoken for. They should be ready to ship some time in Feb./Mar. So if you want a set or more, just let Mike, Larry or me know. We are glad to offer these gaskets to any other tuner as well.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Great and cost effective alternative compared to doing a set of pistons.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great Idea Guys, but I have two questions,

1) My engine has been bored to 4.031". What is the bore size of the gaskets?

2) If the gaskets are that thick, won't you need an intake spacer/gasket to account for the difference?

Fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts