Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Low Impedance Fuel Injector Converter

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Viper TT 
#1 ·
With the AEM EMS approaching release, many of us will have the ability to tune our vehicles using properly sized injectors. Since most larger injectors are low impedance, we cannot use them with the AEM.

Currently readily available are 50lb/hr injectors in high impedance (AEM/Dodge factory spec). But the response time of high impedance injectors sacrifices idle quality and low end throttle response. Hence the need for an impedance converter to allow for low impedance injector use which will give us the flexibility to run larger injectors without sacrificing drivability. My plan is to run 72lb/hr injectors once the AEM is available to allow for 1000rwhp capability without requiring high fuel pressures.

Acceleronics.com currently has a unit to convert 8 injectors and I have approached Jeff Stevens of Acceleronics to possibly build a converter box for 10 injectors. Otherwise we would need to run two 8 boxes. He is concerned whether there will be enough demand for a product of this nature. The cost for his 8 injector converter is $375, and waiting for the 10 injector converter pricing.

So how many would be interested in this product with the assumption the pricing will be less than $500?

Thanks.

Sal

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I'm still waiting to hear back from Jeff, but he wanted this thread put out so he can get a feel for demand.

I agree that most likely the major tuners will be the home market for this item, but it seems there are quite a few DIY guys that may look into this as well.

As for minimum quantity, no response from Jeff as of yet.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I just received a price quote from Jeff at Acceleronics. The cost of building the 6 channel box was higher that originally anticipated. He will be selling the 6 channel box for $350 retail. But for Viper owners who will require 2 boxes, he has offered a discounted price of $595 for 2 boxes.

This is premature, but those interested can contact Jeff at acceleronics@comcast.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.