Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the AEM EMS approaching release, many of us will have the ability to tune our vehicles using properly sized injectors. Since most larger injectors are low impedance, we cannot use them with the AEM.

Currently readily available are 50lb/hr injectors in high impedance (AEM/Dodge factory spec). But the response time of high impedance injectors sacrifices idle quality and low end throttle response. Hence the need for an impedance converter to allow for low impedance injector use which will give us the flexibility to run larger injectors without sacrificing drivability. My plan is to run 72lb/hr injectors once the AEM is available to allow for 1000rwhp capability without requiring high fuel pressures.

Acceleronics.com currently has a unit to convert 8 injectors and I have approached Jeff Stevens of Acceleronics to possibly build a converter box for 10 injectors. Otherwise we would need to run two 8 boxes. He is concerned whether there will be enough demand for a product of this nature. The cost for his 8 injector converter is $375, and waiting for the 10 injector converter pricing.

So how many would be interested in this product with the assumption the pricing will be less than $500?

Thanks.

Sal

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Great idea Sal!!

I'm sure Jason would be interested in this, and no doubt you've already got his input on it.

I'm sure the other higher boost tuners will be interested in this product also. I'd recommend they do a wholesale price and a retail price because I see most units going via a tuner rather than direct to customer. Not many customers will do a DIY 1000rwhp back yard project, they'll go thru a tuner.

How many have to be made before they'll agree to do one?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still waiting to hear back from Jeff, but he wanted this thread put out so he can get a feel for demand.

I agree that most likely the major tuners will be the home market for this item, but it seems there are quite a few DIY guys that may look into this as well.

As for minimum quantity, no response from Jeff as of yet.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Excellent Idea, I ran into this problem as well. Seimens sells high impedance injectors in 55# but you have to buy in packs of 8 or 4.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Welcome Jeff - it's always great to meet people innovating new ways of going faster and more efficiently. Hope this project works out - sounds like a real asset to the highly modified Viper community /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Are there any signal/timing/sequence problems running twin boxes one for each bank?

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
I'll bump this and give a strong endorsement of the Acceleronics VersaFueler. I am biased because I have know Jeff for quite a while now, but this product is of the highest quality as is any neccessary customer service and support. Along with Sal, I'd been hinting at trying to get Acceleronics to offer a 10 channel box. I know with the number of highly modified Vipers here on the Alley, the potential demand is there. Now's your chance to get a reasonably priced aftermarket part for the Viper.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been using the AEM EMS for a year now with in line resistors to low impedance injectors and have had no problems. The AEM has a injector lag time correction that you can use to compensate. Also, many OEMs use resistor packs. All of my Hondas and my Rx7 with 850cc injectors use low impedance injectors with inline resistors. I figure if its good enough for the manufacturers, it must be good enough for me. But, I'm always open to new ideas and improvements though. Lets see how it works.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just received a price quote from Jeff at Acceleronics. The cost of building the 6 channel box was higher that originally anticipated. He will be selling the 6 channel box for $350 retail. But for Viper owners who will require 2 boxes, he has offered a discounted price of $595 for 2 boxes.

This is premature, but those interested can contact Jeff at [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts