1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts
He has quite a diverse list of parts for sale currently. Everything from big ass bolt cutters to billet banshee cylinder domes. Wonder if this guy works in the UPS lost dept and is supplimenting his income with "lost" parts.

Sure does sound shady.

And Damn Schill you scored all kinds of info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering why I had so many emails asking where I got these. I purchased these at a local auction house that sells all of UPS's lost freight. It's one of the few places in the country that does this. I'm sorry I have your headers, but they were bought fair and square on my end. I'm assuming someone got the insurance payout on the headers from UPS, and if you didn't, it was because no insurance was purchased, but either way, the fight should be with UPS, and not with me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How UPS considers something LOST, I'm not sure. It is almost always the tag fell off and once that happens they ship it to a standard LOST FREIGHT location which is SLC. We are a hub for UPS, once it sits and is unclaimed, they give it to an auction house to sell. I'm assuming this is how they recoup some of their insurance funds paid out.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
what did you pay for them?? Musta been a steal because the likliness someone knew what the hell they were is pretty low.

If you work for a company related to UPS I really doubt these were obtained legitimately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dude you have no idea the amount of stuff UPS loses.. that is why I ship FedEx.
I have seen quite a few CD's come through the auction, but I don't bid on those. I'm not a crook, everything I have bought is legal. I knew someday someone would recognise something they lost.
Believe it or not, early on I had a friend lose something he sold and it showed up a few months later in the same package he sent it in, but cheaper and broken. At least he got the insurance for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There were several people looking at them, but only a few gave them enough attention to figure out there were 5 pipes per header. I noticed, and bid accordingly. I see they are B&B, and on their site.. they are alot of money.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Bill-Co said:
There were several people looking at them, but only a few gave them enough attention to figure out there were 5 pipes per header. I noticed, and bid accordingly. I see they are B&B, and on their site.. they are alot of money.

No shit!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I bought those headers as a gift to myself when I finished the movie in New Zealand. Mike will vouch for me and I have reciepts. Should I tell you where to send them?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pretty bad when I when UPS can't find an item this big. Sure they where insured but still I lost 2 - 3 month before they paid me plus customer looses all the time waiting. I wish the guy good luck in the auction it this is the truth but please don't ship them UPS. I had sent them a picture of them and they still didn't find them

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.