Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm new to this forum. But, I am very big in the clublexus.com forum. I have been researching purchasing a viper for about a month now and being familiar with all the knowledge you can discover in forums I feel this is the best place to find out all the little annoying things you guys hate about the viper and all the positive's. I am looking to pick up a used one probably up to 1996 and looking to spend only like $35,000. What do you guys think I should be looking for to get the best for my money and what should I keep my eye out for when shopping.

Thanks alot guys
Vinnie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, there are no vipers that haven't been salvaged or wrecked between 1993-1996 that I could get for around $35,000. Dont you think thats a little hard to believe? I'm not looking for one thats all hooked up. Just stock untouched. I have seen some 96's in the 40's but i have also seen them in the mid to high 30's. Am I to believe that they are all salvaged or wrecked?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
bladez42598 said:
So, there are no vipers that haven't been salvaged or wrecked between 1993-1996 that I could get for around $35,000. Dont you think thats a little hard to believe? I'm not looking for one thats all hooked up. Just stock untouched. I have seen some 96's in the 40's but i have also seen them in the mid to high 30's. Am I to believe that they are all salvaged or wrecked?
It was more of just a statement. You can find them out there, you just need to take your time and find the right one. There are a few here....

http://search.ebay.com/viper_Passenger-V...QstrkwZQ20viper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot guys. Hopefully I can add a viper to my collection very soon and start modding it up. I plan on not modding it except for nice rims.. but i said that when i got my lex coupe I HAVE HAD THE MOD DISEASE SINCE I STARTED DRIVING AND THERES NO CURE. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
There are two '94 rt/10s for sale on cars.com for cheap, enter used, any distance and between $8000 and $10000, oh and obviously Dodge Viper.
Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check the car out thoroughly before you buy -- either in person or have someone you trust inspect the car for you. Be aware that a lot of parts for these cars are getting hard to find -- things like interior trim and rubber pieces. You'll want to make sure that these are all in good condition. Check to make sure any needed recall work has been performed (you can perform an on-line VIN# lookup). You probably won't find an older car with a warranty still in effect, but you might find a car with an extended transferable warranty.

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Magicboy2's Viper is really close to what I purchased this year. The price looks decent but you'd have to talk to him to find out all what has been done to the car (mods, etc). One big point is that, although it's ten years old, it still has the warranty through 2007 (and you WILL end up using the warranty sooner or later). I was lucky and my '94 still has the warranty too until 2007.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bladez42598 said:
Hey guys

"...annoying things you guys hate about the viper and all the positive's."

Vinnie
Vinne,

I'm new to this forum as well, but I did buy a '01 Saphire Blue GTS ACR two months ago. The annoyances and positives go hand-in-hand. My previous car was a moddified '02 Corvette, great car!

+ Power is intoxicating, mine Dyno'd 430rwhp/469rwtq.
- power can get away from you easily. i.e. wheels straight when accelerating.
+ it corners like it's on rails.
- the suspension will shake your filling out.
+ People always stop to ask your questions and stare in traffic.
- People always stop to ask your questions and stare in traffic.
+ I want to drive it all the time.
- I don't like putting miles on it.

I hope this helps from another newbie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.