Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had good luck with vinyl stripes? I was told in the heat it will hurt the factory clear coat I want blue stripes like factory for my 99 silver gts.
I'm afraid to have them painted on they may not come out perfect like some I have looked at any ideas ? The best place buy some stripes and do they look good with vinyl? Thanks Jason Carter [email protected]

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had 3M vinyl stripes of for nearly 6 years on my RT, then removed them for the new owner as he wanted a plain red RT, no problem to remove them, no paint damage or fade/discoloration.

Just a quick polish up and you wouldnt have known they had been there

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I would say the areas that are covered in vinyl are better protected than the rest of the car. When you remove them, sometimes you can notice the lines because the paint is actually in better shape where the stripes were.

A good detailing like Neil suggested resolves this problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply :
I will look into getting some asap! Is there any place that has them pre made you can order. I was told the are 8 inches wide 3mm thick I want the exact factory color blue.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just changed colors on my stripes from Red to Silver. I have a guy who does the stripes for me. I watched him take the old red stipes off (after being on a year) and the paint was perfect. It's just like getting a new car once the new stripes are on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.