Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twisted stock halfshaft. Asking here if anyone has a good used set of unitrax or HD shafts? Thanks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
How much torque are you making?

·
Landscaping Professional
13,950 Posts
Were you getting wheel hop by chance? Bad things happen when you get that sort of shock loading. Frankly, any driveshaft shop can set you up with a new splined yoke, re-tube the inboard side and install new crosses for around $200.

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't had it long enough to dyno. Have sourced a half shaft for now though. I will be in the market for HD units if used ones come up. Really though...if I beef up the shafts stub axles will be next to die.

No wheel hop, running same tires the acr runs very soft compound track tire.

Hooks up like glue...didn't like the launch.

·
Landscaping Professional
13,950 Posts
Ooooohh! A pure torsion failure!

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Twisted stock halfshaft. Asking here if anyone has a good used set of unitrax or HD shafts? Thanks
Dag-gone !!! That is viscious. I broke a half shaft a few years back. I have heard that upgrading the half shaft then puts the splines in the differential at risk of twisting. Currently, I experience a LOT of wheel hop. On Sport Cups.

·
Premium Member
19,068 Posts
I have a couple of Unitrax shafts, older, should be gone thru and check. But would sell for $600 for both

·
Landscaping Professional
13,950 Posts
Currently, I experience a LOT of wheel hop. On Sport Cups.
Unless you are wanting to see your shafts look like the photos above, I would STRONGLY advise you to: experiment with tire inflation pressure, your throttle input, and finally, toe-in settings.

Power adders and/or unchecked wheel hop were primary issues that led to the rear frame strut warranty recall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts