Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to thank Kevin from Underground racing for hooking me up with a like new set of Accufab throttle bodies from one of his customers Keith who just happened to have an extra set laying around! :thumb: :bowdown:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Castellano: Are you using a AEM on your turbo system? When your twin turbo system is done...are you going to sell it as a kit for the DIY, nobody does that as of yet.

Just want to see a good guy make some extra bread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tanked said:
Castellano: Are you using a AEM on your turbo system? When your twin turbo system is done...are you going to sell it as a kit for the DIY, nobody does that as of yet.

Just want to see a good guy make some extra bread.
Tanked, I am definitely using the AEM for my twin turbo system.

As far as selling the twin turbo system as a DIY, there is no DIY guy out there who could do everything necessary to install my system. It has taken me months to carefully and systematically optimize every single aspect of the efficiency of the system from the exhaust port to the turbos, air intake path, and turbo exhaust. I did a no compromises setup for the Viper that has no equal. In order to do so there are many things that need to be modified.... Too much work for the average guy. Many things that need to be custom fabricated to the individual car to sell as a kit. Sean Roe's Blower kit is a simple install for most people.
This kit is way too complicated. But because it is complicated, it's functionality is pure, clean, direct and efficient.

My single turbo system, on the other hand, could be easily installed like the DIY blower kits, but you will also have to do the fuel system(which will be part of the kit) which is obviously more complicated than not doing one.

When the Roe blower kit was in it's infancy, I really toyed with the idea of getting the kit, but, in retrospect, wisely decided to let someone skilled, qualified, and experienced like Jason Heffner do the work to do it right.

I have to finish the twin setup and test, but the Castellano single turbo will utilize the same headers from the twin turbo setup that are within .64% of each other in length, that flow through a 5 into one burns collector. The primary headers being almost exactly the same length allows the exhaust pulses to spool the turbine wheel evenly and also makes for very consistent EGT's from cylinder to cylinder(all other things being equal).

Tanked, I appreciate your interest and support. I will keep you and everybody else in the loop about the progress! Take care and good luck! :thumb: :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,164 Posts
Hey Paolo, are you going to make tthe Shreveport event?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
I love to work on my car myself. That's why I asked. I think in a few years when I get the funds, I'll be calling you for a order. But...ya know, I'll let you do the tuning. That is one thing I don't want to fuck up. Snap a bolt off...just use a tap and die....bend a pushrod, just replace it. But screw up the tuning, and you need a new motor. Viper motors are just too exspensive to do that with.


It's good that you are making a single turbo set up. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. If you ever near seattle. We'll need to hook-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Tanked,

You sound like me. I happy for now with my NA car but in a couple of years, I know I'm going to want more power! For me about 800RWHP is my target. Much more than that will cause me to get in trouble./images/graemlins/bigsmile

Paolo's single turbo is one of the things I'm looking forward to. Paolo sounds like a perfectionist and seems to really know the engineering/physics of forced induction setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tanked said:
I love to work on my car myself. That's why I asked. I think in a few years when I get the funds, I'll be calling you for a order. But...ya know, I'll let you do the tuning. That is one thing I don't want to fuck up. Snap a bolt off...just use a tap and die....bend a pushrod, just replace it. But screw up the tuning, and you need a new motor. Viper motors are just too exspensive to do that with.


It's good that you are making a single turbo set up. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. If you ever near seattle. We'll need to hook-up.
Tanked, to be honest with you, at this point, I am not doing the tuning myself. I never was. I have been planning to use a tuning specialist to tune my car from the inception. I will also have the same tuning guru tune the first few single turbo setups to make sure they are right. I am sure eventually, I will be able to do the tuning myself. I did take an AEM tuning class, but do not B.S. myself that I can tune with the best of them or even close at this time. I will take in all the necessary info as time and experience progresses, It is my goal to become proficient enough to do the proper tune for great power with superb reliability and driveability.

If you ever come through Chicago, maybe we can hook up and I can show what I've got going on at the time. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go Fast For Life said:
Tanked,

You sound like me. I happy for now with my NA car but in a couple of years, I know I'm going to want more power! For me about 800RWHP is my target. Much more than that will cause me to get in trouble./images/graemlins/bigsmile

Paolo's single turbo is one of the things I'm looking forward to. Paolo sounds like a perfectionist and seems to really know the engineering/physics of forced induction setup.

Go Fast For Life, I am sure my single turbo setup will be capable of yielding at least 800 RWHP depending upon the sizing of the turbo. I know your motor is built so that is definitely a good thing when it comes to being able to handle the power.

This whole thing has been a huge learning curve. By now, I basically have most of the tools necessary to fabricate a turbo system from scratch. It has been long hours for months. This type of thing I have always managed to do for my entire life.... Find something that really interests me, research the living daylights out of the material, and F'ing go for it with the intention to do it the best it can possibly be done for what I have learned, know and can imagine. As I gather more information, I naturally modify and improve whatever I can as I go along. My twin setup has developed into something beyond my wildest dreams: To see it coming together with the tangible pieces fabricated(quite a bit of it by me,) and coming together into the physical creation of what I imagined on my mind is really blowing my mind! Anyway, I need to get back into the garage and get more done! Thanks for the support and rest assured, I will keep everybody posted with updates. :thumb:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top