·
Landscaping Professional
14,471 Posts
Lotus Elise

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to know. so Lotus Elise rear callipers are the same do you know which years to search?

·
Landscaping Professional
14,471 Posts
I do not know any year model specifics - only that they used slightly thinner linings than the Vipers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get my 40mm rebuild kits from Bigg Red
Yours will be the BRK203623.
It’s a complete kit that will do both rears. Good quality and they’re great to deal with.
Includes the internal seals you won’t need, (and the rubber for the small slider doesn’t work at all for some reason)… but for about £20 it’s cheaper than new calipers lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Landscaping Professional
14,471 Posts
POST #7.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get my 40mm rebuild kits from Bigg Red
Yours will be the BRK203623.
It’s a complete kit that will do both rears. Good quality and they’re great to deal with.
Includes the internal seals you won’t need, (and the rubber for the small slider doesn’t work at all for some reason)… but for about £20 it’s cheaper than new calipers lol

I contacted Big Red they stated they do not have anything that fits my car..

Is that part number listed for non abs cars or with abs?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I contacted Big Red they stated they do not have anything that fits my car..

Is that part number listed for non abs cars or with abs?
You are missing the point. The lotus caliper is what you need to tell them. You need to order parts for that lotus caliper. This is standard cross referencing of parts in the auto industry. The same part or part of part is used across a number of different cars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so do we have a year etc of lotus ? Or do I just order BRK203623? and to confirm that kit for lotus is for non abs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
This is pretty exciting to watch you learn about how part numbers work.
I am glad your having a good time. When a fellow member has his car apart and looking to order something online that will take a while to come across the pond. I am just trying to be sure what I am ordering is what will fit.

Yes, thank you to member who shared a part number. I was asking if that part number is for abs or non abs. Since 2nd gen cars were offered both ways. (well not for 98) but you know what I mean.
If part number is for non abs then it will work. But entering part number on their site there is no info which version caliper that it is for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The non abs viper is the same as the elise and also Renault Alliance.
Thank you for providing me with additional information I really appreciate you taking the time. I’m going to order up a set from the UK fingers crossed it won’t take too long shipping over

·
Premium Member
19,818 Posts
If you can send me a picture of the part you need, I might be able to scrounge one up and send it over

• Helpful
Reactions: RobV and 8.0L>1.8T
1 - 19 of 19 Posts