Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought my 01 acr...just waiting for it to get here.... /images/graemlins/sad

I can't find the info on what everything is that they changed. Here is what I know.

shock/springs to koni adj

brake cooling "kit" (removed fog lights)

lighter BBS rims

bandaging (sp???)

4pt Harness.

Did they change anything else? If so let me know. I was hoping I could find something on the web about it but I couldn't.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The harnesses are actually 5 point. They also included K&N filters and smooth tubes to give it 10 more hp or so. Some of the cars had no A/C, and no stereo, but those are not so common. Most come with the comfort package that adds those back in. Oh, and it's badging.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What color 01 ACR did you get??

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
The 01s are not Konis, they are Dynamic Suspension. The car has no fog lamps, but does not have brake ducts (and Mopar never released the "fog lamp brake duct" kit because it didn't work).

Basically, the car has different shocks/springs, bbs wheels, smooth tubes, and 5 pt harnesses. First thing to do when you get it is make sure all the recalls have been done.

The 'bandaging' you have listed is probably 'badging', ie. it says "ACR" on it.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My acr is red. no stripes. I thought I had it all but guess I didn't. Thanks for giving me the correct info on the harnesses. I just can't wait for it to get here. It's being picked up from the dealer today /images/graemlins/smiles But it will not be here untill next week. /images/graemlins/sad

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey Carrot you should add IMO to that last comment. :thumb:

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Tanked said:
My acr is red. no stripes. I thought I had it all but guess I didn't. Thanks for giving me the correct info on the harnesses. I just can't wait for it to get here. It's being picked up from the dealer today /images/graemlins/smiles But it will not be here untill next week. /images/graemlins/sad
so are you back in the USA or still overseas?

What dealer did you buy it from? I might call them to see if they have any other deals for a friend of mine who is looking.

Congrats on the car...if it is in great condition...you basically stole the car.

Post pics when you get it.

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts
Doesn't ACR mean 'Another Crappy Ride'?

·
7,863 Posts

·
7,863 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
I'm with you. They suck - which is why I'm seriously considering having the center parts powder coated black. Then I can just hose off the outer silver "ring" and be done with them /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts