Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about a QC SRT10 as a daily driver. I know they were made for only a couple of years, is there a better year to own? There is an 06 with 40k miles for 27k, is that a good deal? What should I be looking for? Any help would be appreciated. The reason why I need a QC is because I need to be able to put a car seat in. It would also be cool to have the GTS and a SRT-10 in the garage.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 06 R/C that I daily drive. you will hate the gas milage, if I keep my foot out of it I usually get around 10 in town, if I drive it like I do all the time I stay around 8 in town. the price is fair but you will want a tuner for the Q/C first thing bc the Q/C are pigs, if you get a tuner you will feel as though you gained 75hp. besides the gas milage and needing a tuner you will love the truck

·
Registered
229 Posts
I drove a 2005 QC for a while, but sold it to my brother. I got it from my father because he was getting to the point where he didn't need to be driving, and I didn't want to see the truck damaged. My brother puts about $90-100 in gas a week in it, but won't get rid of it because we told him he couldn't afford the gas and he thinks he has something to prove. I got 12-13 mpg on the highway doing the speed limit, and it was in the single digits in the city. There are FAR more sensible trucks out there to use as a daily driver, but it's your decision. I only drove mine 10 miles a day back and forth to work, so I wasn't putting gas in it very often. If I had to drive more than that I would have found another daily driver.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My dad had his 2005 QC for 7 yrs. He absolutely loved the truck. His truck had a DC computer (a MUST) and x-metal lowering kit. My dad actually tracked the truck and was beating lightly modded WRX's around a tight track. He wasn't beating them on the straights but in the braking zones and through the corners. The trucks stop phenominal and will out handle most cars. The brakes on the trucks are better than most sports cars. The gas mileage sucks, and if you were going to put exhaust on I would only get Corsa. His truck came with some exhaust on it and at 80mph with the 4.10 gears (standard) his truck droned, I hated it. But I think you could make it much better with Corsa. His Viper truck had 40,000 miles on it and he got $24k on trade. Like I said he had a few things done to it and the dealer really wanted it. He had 24" wheels on it, the computer, lowered, tonnue cover no wing, and a stereo system. My dad had the DC computer mounted next to the stock computer. He towed our 24' Ultra Boat with his truck lowered. He would plug in the stock computer when he towed. He had it set up right.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess the gas mileage is the biggest issue but how much would another truck that size or a v8 suv get as mpg? Probably the same. I'm going to test drive one and think about it. I guess there are no common mechanical issues that I shod look for?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My brother has daily driven his 2006 Inferno Red SRT-10 QC for since he got it new. They quit production in Aug 2006. 2006 saw the Ram SRT-10 getting revamped - new headlights, interiors, aero, spoiler etc. Too bad they quit production on such a badass truck and vowed never to put a V10 in a truck again.

Brother's truck has
- K&N Cold Air Intake
- Custom Magnaflow catback
- Nightrunner wheels OEM
- Nightrunner headlights OEM
- Stock polished wheels, headlights, airbox and exhaust in garage

His has around 65-70K miles IIRC. The paint isn't totally perfect anymore since it's been daily driven (Mainly rear spoiler is a little faded, and there are a couple small scratches/dings like any 7 years daily driven car)I can ask him if he is interested in selling . What is your budget? Mechanically, it's perfect - oil change with Mopar synthetic every 3K miles. PM Me!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I know its been a bit but I have a 06 QC night runner number 131 of 400 I may be willing to unoad? bone stock still, and 25k miles

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
I would hope he found a truck in the last six years.

·
Registered
541 Posts
oh lol. I thought it was 6 days hahah I didn't see the year... well crap!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts