Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an SRT 10 and I'm looking for a Tuner. I'm thinking Supercharger or Twin Turbo who's the best and who makes the most Power for the Money? Any Ideas?? Thanks and I'm Glad to be a member here on the ALLEY. :thumb:

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Red Venom said:
Asheville NC
Welcome to ViperAlley! You're going to get varied responses here from Heffner to RSI to Hennessey to Doug Levin to Sean Roe. What's nice is that most of those guys post here firsthand and are more than willing to help you decide which system is right for you.

Personally, with Jason Heffner's track record of building awesomely fast, reliable, smooth, and beautiful custom motors for pretty much any budget, he would be my first choice for FI.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Looking for a good tuner, great and Good Luck. You need to talk and even visit the different shops and listen to what they say. You will get varied opinions but how many with opinions have actually used the tuner they are cheer leading for? Your dollar, your final choice so do some homework talk to actual customers and good luck.
You do have several good to better than good tuners that can and will build you a rocket.

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
I would go to Underground in Charlotte. You could likely pick up a take-off Paxton kit from the owners car. Should get you around 650RWHP with your cast pistons for around 8K installed. Learn to drive that before you go further up the power scale. Not much choice for tires in 19" so you will have problems hooking on the street with the run craps. Welcome to the board. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
TT is the ultimate street (and track) solution. You can control the boost in each gear to give you the most power that you and the car can control. You can turn it up on slicks and turn it down for road courses. They run cooler and quieter than any other option. Heffner is the only choice for TT's. One of his customers puts down about 950rwhp and much more tq on the street with 20" wheels, so it is all in controlling the power which is a huge benefit of turbos.

SC's have a pretty good bang for the buck. I would think anyone can bolt on a Paxton kit but I'd look around for a good price and someone who will take good care of you and your car.

Good luck and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
HEFFNER, plain and simple!!!! :nod:
================================================================================
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2004 PORSCHE 996 TT CAB (SOLD)
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Red Venom said:
Just bought an SRT 10 and I'm looking for a Tuner. I'm thinking Supercharger or Twin Turbo who's the best and who makes the most Power for the Money? Any Ideas?? Thanks and I'm Glad to be a member here on the ALLEY. :thumb:
I am soon to be offering a pretty good deal on the Paxton kit installed (SRT only) If you decide to go that route then you may want to give me a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Definitely talk and possibly meet with all the tuners and customers of the appropriate tuners mentioned and go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

With that being said and keeping in mind my personal bias is towards Heffner Performance for too many reasons to list, you really will not regret choosing Jason Heffner in any aspect. Extremely knowledgable, honest and hard working individual with the quality and dedication second to no one! To my knowledge, Heffner Performance is the only tuner who is using the AEM EMS for engine management on Gen III Vipers. With any type of forced induction setup, the AEM EMS allows for the absolute best tuning available to date, which is worth its weight in gold.

I can assure you, choosing Heffner Performance for your modification needs will be one of, if not, the best choice you can make.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
DJ Self said:
================================================================================
I'm smarter than you think!!! Keep in mind, I said HEFFNER!!!:smoker:
===============================================================================
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2004 PORSCHE 996 TT CAB (SOLD)
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Red Venom said:
What kind of power are you looking for?

What do you plan to do with the car?

What other fast cars do you have experience driving?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Include Larry Macedo (Macedo Motorsports 407-246-6511) on your list. I don't think there is anyone that knows more about Vipers then he does. He will deliver exactly what he quotes you and it will be reliable. 9000 hard miles on my superchaged cast piston motor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.