Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking a tire size for my acr. I want one that has a little more sidewall. Something like a 345/45/ZR18. And for the front a 275/40ZR18 Anyone know if someone makes these sizes. I check tirerack.com but they didn't have that size.

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Tanked said:
I'm looking a tire size for my acr. I want one that has a little more sidewall. Something like a 345/45/ZR18. And for the front a 275/40ZR18 Anyone know if someone makes these sizes. I check tirerack.com but they didn't have that size.
Tanked, they make a 345/35/18 in a pilot sport. I believe they are27.4" tall (about 1.2" taller than the 335/35/17.) You will also have to get a speedo calibration box from Unitrax to correct for the larger overall diameter.

Why do you wnat to go bigger?

· Registered
523 Posts
Tanked, I was told you can't find the 345/35/18 even though they list it on their website. I went on a mission for this a few months ago, called Michelin and a bunch of distributors. I found a Belle Tire or Discount Tire here locally in Michigan who located 4 or 5 I think. He wanted $400 each.
Check out the Micheling website and pull up the specs on Sports and Sport Cups. Watch out for the diameters. Then check out Khumos and do the same.

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a bump getting into my driveway. At stock hight it's not a real issue. I still have to be careful. But it's not really an issue. After I lowered the car, it became a big issue. I scraped the bottom of the car at least 2 times this week.

I don't have the money to go buy a new set of 20" startech rims. So I have 2 options.

1.) Lift the ACR back up. (and have ugly finder gap)

2.) Buy a tire that has a little thicker sideswall.

I think #2 is the best choice because I will not have ugly findergap and it'll lift the car off the ground .25-.33". Because I drive the ACR so much on the street, it will give a little better ride too.

If anyone has a better idea I'm willing to hear it.

· Registered
5,769 Posts
JACKHAMMER/ASPHALT, No more bump. :thumb:

· Registered
523 Posts
Check out the Michelin website and compare Pilot and Pilot Cup diameters. Then find out about Khumos diameters. If you are scraping the front, you'll obviously need a bigger diameter front tire than a OEM too.

· Registered
523 Posts
Here's an option if you can find the tires.
Pilot Sport OEM 18" sizes: Rear diameter 26.1 Front diameter 25.7
345/35/18 diameter 27.5
275/40/18 diameter 26.8

This would increase the rear 1.4 and the front 1.1

A problem would be finding them any maybe price. The front I listed is OEM Ferrari.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.