Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Looking for a supercharged Viper

3K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  JackisBack 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on where to look for an already supercharged Viper for sale? How about stock ones for sale. I have already looked here and was surprised to see so many people with modified Vipers but none for sale. I don't see any modded ones on Ebay. Just looking for some forums and sites that have plenty to choose from. I just started looking and learning about the Viper. I've done some searches to find our about the differences in them when looking at different model yrs. Anyone care to point me to a good thread or just some info to look out for when looking for one? I have already searched some but just wondering if anyone has any important pointers to get me in the right direction. If going stock, I'll probably opt to stay within warranty and get one in the '01-'02 range. Kinda was hoping to be in the same yrs for a SC one. Just in case a great price comes along for an older one though it would be nice to know a few important changes that were made during the 90's. Thanks.

#6 ·
Don't do it Gerald....

#10 ·
Yup, thinking of it.. Car runs like a clock. I've had supercharged vipers for 4, almost 5 years now. Your car and power is still new to you Gary and by all means enjoy it. 750-800rwhp beleive it or not is OLD to me now. Novelty has worn off.... I'm firm at 58-60k. Not a penny less.
I am thinking of keeping it now as if I sell it, I'll just want another one. Oh the horror..
Why an SRT? Just something different. A DLM supercharged SRT10 would be the ticket. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Gerald

#11 ·
So if your looking for a supercharged Viper, better hurry. If I keep it I'm doing something special and I need to know soon. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Gerald

#14 ·
hmm, guess mine is the wrong color or sumtin'...
You'll want to stay 99 or older as they have forged pistons....The cast pistons don't like over 5 lbs of boost...
Gerald

#15 ·
Is Jack hard of hearing, or reading? What's wrong with yours Gerald...I know, it's too fast isn't it?

#18 ·
Ok. I've unclogged my ears. I'll shoot you an email (gerald) and you can reply back with your car info and pics. I forgot about the little warranty issue on the blown cars. So you guys like hanging in the late 90's for the forgies? The reason I ask for a super site selling Vipers is that I had a Saleen this summer and posted it for sale on a pretty good site for $75 along with other Cobras, Cobra Rs, Saleens and it got tons of hits and I sold it within a couple weeks. I'd like to think the Viper guys have something similar somewhere. I'm on a car kick. I want to drive lots of different hot cars for a summer and sell them. I like the variety!

#19 ·
In my opinion - Geralds DLM Viper is one of the very best street cars out there. It has proven extremely reliable, gets good mpg on a trip, and is one of a select handful that can outrun a 'Bussa from a roll. And it's red!

It is a lot of car for the money!! If I had the spare cash right now I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

#23 ·
Here's the way I do the quick math. Let me know if I'm on the right track. A '99 GTS with very low miles can be had for 45-48k. Any aftermarket stuff gets 30-50% of its value tacked on only if the right buyer wants it. So an 18k SC tune gets a credit of 6-9k. That puts a good value at 51-57k for the car. How's that?

#24 ·
Jack, getbit is right...
consider this one as well

sorry, I can't let it go. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

#26 ·
it's a sleeper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.