Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Donald Trump's Landlord
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a small (about 2" protrusion) plastic splitter (I think it was plastic) that was sold with the GT2. It was fixed under the facia and did virtually nothing aerodynamically, other than to add a "look" to the car.

Does anyone know if they are available anywhere?

Here's the best photo I can find....

Attachments

· Registered
32,960 Posts
I like the ones on the sides, but that front one doesn't do it for me. To me, it looks like a plastic front bumper that comes on toy r/c cars so the body doesn't get damaged when it junior rams it into the refrigerator.......but that's just me. :nod: :thumb:

· Registered
865 Posts
our only GT2 club guy brought a spare this summer, off JonB I recall, I traced around it and another guy had one produced off the template in carbon fibre.

I've the tracing stored somewhere if your struggling to get one.

7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neil - UK said:
our only GT2 club guy brought a spare this summer, off JonB I recall, I traced around it and another guy had one produced off the template in carbon fibre.

I've the tracing stored somewhere if your struggling to get one.
Thanks Neil. I may have to speak to JonB. Any idea what he spent (for the spare)?

· Premium Member
605 Posts
Try these numbers from a Dodge Technical Service Bulletin that was published in 1998. I don't have a clue if this stuff is still available. I believe what you are looking for are called the "dive plates", near the bottom of the list. DW

There are seven unique/new components on the GTS-GT2 Champion Edition Viper. This bulletin will supply parts information, removal and replacement information for the following components:

GT2 Badging
Rear Wing
Five Point Restraint System
Front Splitter & Dive Plates
Serialized GT2 Commemorative Name Plate
Seats
PARTS REQUIRED AND SPECIAL PARTS ORDER PROCEDURE:
Qty Part No. Description
1 04854266AA Rear Wing
1 04854247AA Front Splitter
1 04854250AA Five Point Restraint System (Passenger Side)
1 04854251AA Five Point Restraint System ( Driver Side)
1 SR561XBAA Seat Cushion, GT2 (Driver & Passenger)
1 SR581XBAA Seat Back, GT2 (Right)
1 SR591XBAA Seat Back, GT2 (Left)
4 06036185AA Rubber Spacer, Latch & Buckle ( 2 Per Seat)
4 06034459 Mounting Bolt, (2 Per Seat)
6 06036186AA Eye Bolt ( 3 Per Seat, 2 Upper & 1 Lower)
AR 06036183AA .032 Metal Spacer, Eye Bolt
AR 06036184AA .068 Metal Spacer, Eye Bolt
2 04854225AA Decal, Hood Side Viper GTS-R-GT-2
1 04854215AA Decal, Windshield, Viper GTS-R
1 04854222AA Decal, GTS-R - RR Fascia
1 04854230AA Decal, Snake - FRT Fascia
1 04854217AA Decal, Viper - RR Fascia
1 04854297AA Decal, American Flag
1 04854226AA Dive Plate (Right)
1 04854227AA Dive Plate (Left)
2 04854252AA Air Splitter, Ground Effects Kit
1 04854263AA Commemorative Name Plate
1 0LC171XBAD Trim Panel, Bulkhead
1 0QL021XBAD QTR Trim Panel (Right)
1 0QL031XBAD QTR Trim Panel (Left)
1 0QD06DX9AD Carpet, Floor (Right)
1 0QD07DX9AD Carpet, Floor (Left)
1 04854292AA Bracket, QTR Trim Attach (Right)
1 04854293AA Bracket, QTR Trim Attach (Left)

· STALKED
4,470 Posts
City,
I have a GT2 front splitter. Originally came with H's race car. $150. It's plastic with a slight pebble finish. Not sure they are available from Dodge anymore - but when they were they were upwards of $400......

7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JT said:
City,
I have a GT2 front splitter. Originally came with H's race car. $150. It's plastic with a slight pebble finish. Not sure they are available from Dodge anymore - but when they were they were upwards of $400......
You've got a PM. /images/graemlins/smiles

· Whatever
788 Posts
If you view the attachment of the White GT2 Viper that's in the first post you will see the dive plane just under the fog lamp. Those are what I have. They are Carbon Fiber so they weigh next to nothing. I have (4) of them. (2) for each side. I've seen them painted as well as left as is. On a black, graphite or even steel gray Viper they blend right in. They are so light that they can be taped on to get the measurements and alignment then they can be riveted on. It's an easy install.

· Registered
865 Posts
[image]http://www.racegraphics.net/viper/photos/phpBs61WS.jpg[/image]

here's a better pic, though mine aren't carbon fiber, they are mopar just taped on with aerospace grade 3M tape as I didnt want to drill the fascia, have been tested upto 160 mph /images/graemlins/smiles

ps. REDSLED hows those decals holding out ?

7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Neil - UK said:

here's a better pic, though mine aren't carbon fiber, they are mopar just taped on with aerospace grade 3M tape as I didnt want to drill the fascia, have been tested upto 160 mph /images/graemlins/smiles

OK, now I understand the difference between a dive plane and a front splitter. Janni has what I'm after (oops, that sounded a bit more flirtatious than I intended /images/graemlins/wink ). I understand that it will require my drilling 7 holes in the underside of my facia, which doesn't thrill me, but it IS the underside which already ain't too pretty.

· Whatever
788 Posts
Neil - UK said:

Yep, that's what I have. Neil, the decals are holdng out pretty well. I just ran the Viper/Vette Challenge this weekend with NASA and took home 2 first place wins. I still get comments about who did the graphics. You're the man:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.