Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Macon Georgia and I finally got my truck fixed in Bradenton but got tires so stopped here.

As I look at my tickets I just realized that my car did 116MPH in the 1/8. I think this is the fastest my car has ever gone in the 1/8. I ended up the run with like 145mph. on the day I averaged Between 144-146MPH how can we figure HP ratings based on these figures?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
houstonT said:
You can't... You can only "guesstimate".
Here is a simple calculator to help...
http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm
Trapping 145 would be APPROXIMATELY 850 rwhp.
Peter

the day before I ran a 11.38 at 125.6 I dyno'd 503/535(I know the car is faster, but the driver sucked that day).

this said - Using the ET method, I come up with 483 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 557 horsepower

like you say it is just a guestimate, but interesting nonetheless.

ps - I got the same #'s from both sites.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
use the Speed method and be honest about the weight and driver andyou'll be pretty damn close.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Using the ET method is best. My car, which dyno'd 421hp on Saturday, ran an [email protected] on Sunday. The calculator estimated 421hp. That's at 3570# - a known good weight.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
GTS, wrong... Using the speed method is the best, NOT the ET method. If you have a shitty run on one pass and use the ET method, you'll get scewed numbers. MPH is almost always indicative of power, ET is indicative of traction.
Peter

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I agree, speed method is the ticket. E.T. is skill. You're just a great driver is alL! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Going by my E.T. my first time out and my best time (10.8 at 137.55 on street tires) it shows I have 570 RWHP! hahaha) But by MPH and weight (I'm 250lbs and at least 100+ lbs of stereo crap in the back) it shows I have about 760 or so rwhp) .. Right on the money..

G

·
Premium Member
19,232 Posts
Then here is my question, I dynoed at Larry's with a 391RWHP and 450 RWTQ(way disappointed:pissed:), but using the calculator on this web site, I come up with 433RWHP (ET method) and 462RWHP (speed method). Why are these numbers so off. I believed my HP was going to be about 420 on the dyno. By looking at my ET and speed (11.8 at 118/images/graemlins/drive) during my runs I am no way 391HP, I should be in the 420 range. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I think the E.T. #'s are going to be off cuz the vipers just don't hook worth squat. ???

·
Premium Member
19,232 Posts
Gerald said:
I think the E.T. #'s are going to be off cuz the vipers just don't hook worth squat. ???
Hey G,
they must hook ok if you breaking halfshafts, right?

Mike

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
yeah baby! Crap there were Nova's and other cars turning low 10's there at 120 mph. I guess it's all about hooking up?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
96 R/T 10 said:
Then here is my question, I dynoed at Larry's with a 391RWHP and 450 RWTQ(way disappointed:pissed:), but using the calculator on this web site, I come up with 433RWHP (ET method) and 462RWHP (speed method). Why are these numbers so off. I believed my HP was going to be about 420 on the dyno. By looking at my ET and speed (11.8 at 118/images/graemlins/drive) during my runs I am no way 391HP, I should be in the 420 range. Any ideas?
You definetly have more than 391. My car with 426 rwhp was running 11.7 to 11.8 at 118, so I say you are right on the money at 420 or so.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just goes to show what is in a 60 foot time. The Big HP Viper start moving after the 60 FT. Example our 67 Camaro NMCA car only runs 120 in the 1/8 and 146 in the 1/4. But the ETs are 9.00 with a 1.26 60ft. Roof would be in the 9 teens or lower with a 1.30 sixty!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts