Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I live in San Diego and while I was in vacation in Mexico I saw a couple of viper replicas, I asked the guy where he had got them and he asked how I knew it was a fake, and I told them because I've seen many real ones, well it actualy did look real good though. Heres some pics :bowdown:

[image]http://members.cox.net/eddielb/1rep.jpg[/image]
[image]http://members.cox.net/eddielb/2rep.jpg[/image]
[image]http://members.cox.net/eddielb/3rep.jpg[/image]
[image]http://members.cox.net/eddielb/4rep.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Close, but no cigar. /images/graemlins/down

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i never said i took these, i exchanged emails with the guy who owned them and he emailed me the pictures, i didn't have a camera with me (it was a business type vacation lol) so he sent me those pictures of it, he got it imported from englang i beleive he said he 20,000 pounds not sure how much that is in american
??

·
Registered
920 Posts
these were handmade from scratch by Colin in his shed in Scotland a few years ago, with no 'proper' viper or plans to work off !

He now passes his spare time with something a little smaller www.miniviper.com :thumb: Colin now owns a RT/10, not a replica. He comes on this site occassionally

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Neil - UK said:
these were handmade from scratch by Colin in his shed in Scotland a few years ago, with no 'proper' viper or plans to work off !

He now passes his spare time with something a little smaller www.miniviper.com :thumb: Colin now owns a RT/10, not a replica. He comes on this site occassionally
That is impressive then.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I first saw Colins car from a distance and it had me fooled at first. Quite an amazing achievement, he built it all, from the chassis and the suspension, right down to the trim.....V8 motor and various bits from donor cars, and all finished to a standard which if not quite Viper factory standard, was probably not far off TVR standard ! The body shell wasnt moulded off an existing viper, it was carved from blocks of foam and then the moulding process was carried out..........Not bad by anybodys standards. And all this in addition to his everyday job :bowdown:

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
headlights are from a miata /images/graemlins/smiles

Is it built on a C4 or C5 chassy? I heard somewhere they where making viper replicas from corvettes. /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
What the fuck is wrong with you people? Are you Goddamned blind? That thing is a fuckin abomination. We should rename this Board Helen Keller's Alley for the Blind, start sending out newsletters in brail and have MP make the computer sqwak to you instead of spending hours on graphics. Just what the fuck kind of tard would make such a monstrocity? Thats fuckin PATHETIC! Its one thing to make a replica of something more or less unobtaniable (vintage GT40, AC Cobra), its quite another to make a replica of a $40K car. Having to go that route is like buying a fake replica watch....a swiss army one. For the disgusting dork who posted this thread, please fuck off and die. Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
252 Posts
While I'm not a huge fan of replicas, cause I'm not sure why you would wanna do it, that took an assload of work....especially since he had no real model to work off of, all the while handcarving it out of foam, that takes a hell of a lot of skill and time.

See, wasn't that a lot easier than being a dick? No offense Smokin, but damn /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Reservoir Dog said:
While I'm not a huge fan of replicas, cause I'm not sure why you would wanna do it, that took an assload of work....especially since he had no real model to work off of, all the while handcarving it out of foam, that takes a hell of a lot of skill and time.

See, wasn't that a lot easier than being a dick? No offense Smokin, but damn /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Some people can't help being a DICK! It's just the way they choose to be. So Sad!

·
Registered
19,181 Posts
Sorry girls , gotta go with Smokin on this one. The pic looks like crap and you know it is way worse in person! POS compared to a real snake!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys n girls, thanks for all the nice compliments.

As for the nasty comments???? Obviously some people have soo much money to spend they just don't understand!!!!
When I started to build this project, i had very little money, I wanted a Viper but no way I could afford one. I decided to build one for myself. I wasn't wanting to make money, i wasn't going to sell them, it was for myself.
I really enjoyed designing and building the car, remembering i did everything, full aluminium chassis & suspension, my own glass made, and it wasn't till well after I finished the car that i parked it next to a real one to compare.
I don't care if people like it or not but if you don't like it, don't look at it.
As it turned out, i built 2 of them, sold them and had enough money to buy a real viper.
Now with the experience i am building the minivipers and will soon be designing and building a one off car like no other.

Colin www.miniviper.com

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Colin,
Very cool to say at the least that you had the abilities to craft those replicas on your own like that. Not many people I think that have the ability. while they may not look dead on, I think it is an impressive feat! It is mind boggling that you did it from scratch and they came out looking that good.

·
Registered
920 Posts
[image]http://www.miniviper.com/gallery/galleries/colin12.jpg[/image]

having seen these 6ft replica's up close, I must admit Colins got it spot on :thumb: detailing is superb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.