Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like it is up to me to bring some life into here.

Here are a few places to buy Viper diecast and other Viper related items.

If you have any, add them. If any of the vendors have something to add, please do.

When I can I provide the link directly to the Viper page. With some you may have to enter "Viper" into the search.

************

http://www.exoticar.com/

http://maxpages.com/raremodelcars/JRL

http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Dodge/Viper/

http://www.sportcraftcars.com/viper.htm

http://www.supercar1.com/cart/CarsSearchResults.asp?name=Viper&submit=Go

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/search18?...-1&sort9=-1


And a place for scale lifts, tools, etc.

http://www.gmpdiecast.com/





I will add more later if there is any interest.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Well, here goes all of my extra cash. I don't have money now to be spending on this but I truely think it is a addiction. I currently am only missing the blue/white comp coupe from Hotwheels, at least of the cars that I know are out. I think it is amazing how hard it to find any vipers still in the stores, anything new is usually gone immediatly. I will check this out from time to time, but I can't risk any more pressure on the wallet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,686 Posts
ViperDream said:
Well, here goes all of my extra cash. I don't have money now to be spending on this but I truely think it is a addiction. I currently am only missing the blue/white comp coupe from Hotwheels, at least of the cars that I know are out. I think it is amazing how hard it to find any vipers still in the stores, anything new is usually gone immediatly. I will check this out from time to time, but I can't risk any more pressure on the wallet.
Not to mention you are so far behind me it is not even funny eventually I will post pics of my viper collection.
 

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
Joined
·
7,234 Posts
Thanks MP and Jerome! I thought I was at the wrong site for a second there. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Still can't ind a 1:18 scale Gen 2 in sapphire. Only made in 1:43.
 

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like a job for Craig and his airbrush. :nod:

Or hell, take one apart and try it yourself. If you really want to get crazy with it have a body shop spray it with the real thing (Paint wise). Just as it comes on your car. :idea:

If you only plan on doing one car and have no other use for the airbrush I would just pay a shop to paint it. By the time you buy the airbrush and all the goodies to go along with it and then the paint you could have paid them to do it already and still have money left over.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,933 Posts
the materials are cheap. My airbrush was $5 then buy a small compressor and you're set. However I run off a huge garage compressor @ 20 psi /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Solid colors are easy to do but if City wanted an RT it's going to have a gen 1 fascia and sidepipes unless he bought a GTS as well and the facia/hood and sills were swapped. It is doable tho.
 

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CitySnake said:
You 2 are completely NUTS! ME...AIRBRUSH A MODEL CAR???!!! Please send be some drugs too!
No drugs, I am just nuts ...yes :nod:

Talk to Craig about doing it. If you don't want too I am sure he could do it someday in between posting here and the rest of the net.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,933 Posts
I am probably going to start mass producing (as much as I can) different color combos and putting them on ebay. I have a GTS right now that is a prime candidate for steel grey and custom wheels /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
 

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
Joined
·
7,234 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
I am probably going to start mass producing (as much as I can) different color combos and putting them on ebay. I have a GTS right now that is a prime candidate for steel grey and custom wheels /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Ahhhh. BUYING a model car is RIGHT up my "alley". /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Let me know if you ever produce a 1:18 or 1:12 Gen 2 Sapphire Blue / Cognac w/ ABS (oh wait...don't need brakes). Seriously, I'm interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,933 Posts
Will do City, The only drawback to doing GEN2 RT/10's is the wheels. I have yet to find a wheel that even looks close to the salad bowls that came on those cars. If and when I do one I will let you know. I also need 2 Vipers to cut up to make 1 gen 2 rt/10!.

You can bet that you'll see it in this forum when I do it.
 

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
Joined
·
7,234 Posts
I only wish you 2 nutjobs would do work on ACTUAL Vipers! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Hell, who would need Chuck Tator?!

Those are the stock wheels, which are still on my car, but whenever you get to doing this Craig, I think I'd rather have the wheels changed to what I really WANT on my car. That would be HRE 545R...with sapphire blue spokes. All but the rim "bead" should be blue.

I know that custom wheel painting will cost extra, but hey....when it comes to MODEL cars, I'm City Ditty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,933 Posts
CitySnake said:
I only wish you 2 nutjobs would do work on ACTUAL Vipers! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Hell, who would need Chuck Tator?!

Those are the stock wheels, which are still on my car, but whenever you get to doing this Craig, I think I'd rather have the wheels changed to what I really WANT on my car. That would be HRE 545R...with sapphire blue spokes. All but the rim "bead" should be blue.

I know that custom wheel painting will cost extra, but hey....when it comes to MODEL cars, I'm City Ditty!
Those shouldn't be too tall an order to find. Pretty common design
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top