Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3" tear in my driver's seat left bolster where the seat frame is close to the leather. Has anyone had any proven luck with small leather repairs that work? It isn't big enough to justify a new seat, but too big to ignore.

Or is there any OEM or decent aftermarket complete replacement covers offered for the butt and/or lumbar sections?

Thanks,

·
Registered
29 Posts
On a far cheaper car, I had used one of those kits. I switched it together with some thread first, then did the liquid leather repair "kit" thing. If memory serves, I had to put a backing cloth inside the tear underneath the leather, then filled in the area with the liquid-ish concoction, and left a topping piece on the surface to mimic the grain of the leather.

It worked well enough in that it was durable and prevented the tear from growing, but it was also a very visually obvious repair. I suspect some practice may help get the finesse down to make it work well. If I were going to do it on my Viper, I would try to find a way to get a couple practice runs in first, maybe on a junkyard seat from some random rustbucket.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have several interior/convertible top replace/repair shops in my area. Many aren't online since they are typically old school craftsman. Try Yellow Page search, yes online.

They'll replace the panel at seams & match perfectly. Curious on color? Certainly black?

If not lucky enough to have something close by, break down the seat & ship.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I have several interior/convertible top replace/repair shops in my area. Many aren't online since they are typically old school craftsman. Try Yellow Page search, yes online.

They'll replace the panel at seams & match perfectly. Curious on color? Certainly black?

If not lucky enough to have something close by, break down the seat & ship.

Good luck!
The nerve of you posting "common sense"!!! SHAME !!!

Reactions: Brickhead
1 - 4 of 4 Posts