Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I run leaded fuel only through the direct port side when the nitrous is on, will it destroy my o2 sensors right away, or will the last for a while? Anybody have an idea? I also want to put a wideband in, and was wondering how long that 02 is going to last? What do you guys use who are using straight racing gas or a mix?
Thanks!!!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,341 Posts
Leaded race fuel has about 4 grams/gallon of TEL. The lead will cover the catalyst and O2 sensor surfaces and render them useless. How fast? It depends on how much fuel you burn.

I'm assuming you have had your ECU reprogrammed to pull more timing in than the base map, and you're experiencing knock now. If that isn't the case, answer me this - why would you waste money on high octane (leaded or not) race fuel if you are running a stock ECU map???? Why don't you just try richening the fuel curve?

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
I have mine set just for that reason. When I activate the NOS, I must be using 100-104 octane. The O2's should be switched out once in a while anyway(24K miles or so). :thumb:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I really don't see the need for leaded fuel even just on the fuel side of your nitrous setup. 100 octane unleaded should be more than enough unless your pushing some serious juice through it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
C-16 is also 117 octane, can be very finicky to tune but will also make power compared to other fuels. It's all I run through my moto bike and after running 20 or so gallons of old fuel through my truck there was serious build up on the sensors.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,341 Posts

·
Landscaping Professional
14,341 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.