Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers:Hey guys, as you can see I'm new to your Viper message board. I'm a very active member on www.supraforums.com and actively participate in the Toyota Supra Nationals in Las Vegas. For those of you not aware of this event, we have over 200 Supras from around the country, and many more spectators attend this event in sunny Las Vegas every year in early October.

This is a 4-5day event, with a day at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway as one of the events. We usually see a few Vipers at the track each year, so we thought we would extend an invitation to your community. We are interested in RESERVING the track for an 8 hour session. We would split the cost straight down the middle. As it's been in past years, track rentals for 8 hours cost 6000$ for a weekday rental, and 10000$ on a weekend. These rates might be different this year though (higher).

This is just a thought we had as we know the Viper community has some extremely quick and powerful cars as well as their enthusiasts always seem up for a good race. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

We have a seperate forum specifically for the planning of the 2004 Supras Invade Las Vegas that I'm a member of. If someone would like to speak to me about this and represent the Viper community and be invited to this planning forum, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Once a member, we can discuss on a private forum this split track rental.
:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter Blach I presume? Good to see/hear from you!

I'm aware of the past problems you've had with Keithh and the Supra Nationals controvery and I do not wish to be a part of those arguements. As far as I'm concerned, I consider both the Texas meet and the Las Vegas meet national meets. Both meets attract a lot of attention and have lots of coverage. I think of it as the Texas meet as the Spring meet, and the Vehas meet is the Fall meet. /images/graemlins/smiles

Back to the topic, it sounds like some members on here are aware of the Tx Nationals.... so hopefully we can interest some of those guys as well as others to attend the Vegas meet as well. Also, for anyone that maybe cannot make it in March to the meet, this event may work for you! /images/graemlins/glasses

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Send me some info on the track. I am currently working on an event in October but nothing is final in the V-10 Nationals. If we can run our format we might work something out. where after our format the top 8 run the supra's fast 8.

let me know if this is a possibility.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Brad00GTS said:
Didn't Manny go to this last year? Hes here somewhere I'm sure he will fill us in.
I didn't go to the drag event since my car felt real loose and I had street tires on. However, I went to the road course just outside of Las Vegas the day before -- a very FUN track, but the event was a cluster fuck in terms of organization. I got yelled at for not letting a car pass, and there was never anybody behind me (maybe 2 turns back.) I remember one of the main organizers there talking to a group of Supra guys ( I forget this guys name ) and one of the Supra kids there said "That yellow viper was Faaaast!" and the organizer guy says, "Yeah, fast on the straights, but slow in the corners." I wanted to smack that guy, as that Viper passed damn near ever person on the track, as I was in that car with the driver. Jealousy I tell you, Jealousy!

Another instant this same guy was yelling at another (Supra) driver so bad that the Supra driver got out of his car and almost beat the guys ass, helmet on and all. This guy was one of those skinny tools you always saw getting beat up in school because he talked too much shit and could never back it up.

Ah, memories.

MC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dr. Roof,
That sounds like a very reasonable plan. We are working on getting the exact prices and dates from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the day we would want to rent the track. Like I said previously, it would be early October... and most likely a weekday. I've checked back again, and if we do infact rent the track for a weekday rental, the time will be in the morning.... most likely the 8am to 4pm spot.

Unless Las Vegas Motor Speedway raises their prices from last year, it should be around 6000$ to rent the spot. They require half of the rental cost to reserve the date. Theoretically, if it is 6000$ for the track and we split it, both the Supra and Viper guys would be responsible for 1500$ each pretty soon to reserve the track.

Again, I will get more information to you about this as quickly as I can get it. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
806 Posts
Craig,
I attended your event last year and there were some very fast supras there. Did you guys rent the entire track last year?

I think this would be a great opportunity for the viper and supra guys to meet up. It would be great to do the dyno competition and road course with you as well. This would then be like a mini VOI for us.

At the drag racing event it would be good to have some time to line up against a few supras. I thought there would be supras wanting to race some vipers but you guys were very involved with your event. I understand but it would be cool to run a few supras. Also, there should be a clash of the titans, the fastest supra vs the fastest viper. That would be one heck of a race! Our vipers would have to be on their A game to beat a couple of low 9.0x supras. There are only 2 vipers I know of that would even be able to compete.

If this could be a v-10 nationals event then we would have a host of 9 second vipers there but 8 second vipers in vegas is a big unknown. I have suggested this event to roof and he was interested. I am glad you chimed in so we can generate some more interest.

Regardless of whether the v-10 nationals come there I will be there with at least 10 other vipers to have a good time with you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Craig King said:
Manny C. AKA Superbar said:
Ah, memories.

MC
I also seem to remember a certain guy almost getting into a fight with the track officials at the road course as well. I think I have it on video tape actually. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
You should post it. That guy just antagonized everybody.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UtahViper, good to hear from you. I remember seeing you and your car this past year at the Supras Invade Las Vegas meet. However, just so you are aware, I'm not the one actually in charge of the whole meet. Last year I was just a spectator, but for this coming year I'm helping with the coordination of Drag Showdown. Last year we did not rent the track. The Las Vegas Motor Speedway was having an official track night that night, so we were all just spectators and racers that showed up. We wanted to change that this year though.

UtahViper, since you are familiar with the basic setup of how our event works, and if you have any knowledge of Viper events, you would certainly be very helpful when it comes to coordinating you guys' end of things.

All of the things you mentioned for race line-ups between Supras and Vipers are great ideas. It would be awesome for both of our groups to be able to have the Speedway to ourselves for a day.

.... and as for your Vipers having to be on their A game to beat 9 second Supras, better be prepared for at least one 8 second Supra this year!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UtahViper, I haven't heard back from you, but here's the price straight from the Las Vegas motor Speedway:

Track rental for a weekday: 9,000$
Track insurance(Vegas Speedway requires it): 5,000$

So the total cost for a weekday early in October is going to be 15,000$ We are still interested in splitting the track rental with a Viper group, and having the whole track to ourselves for a day. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Craig, were you at the road course event last year? Which car were you in or what function did you have there other than watching? I'm trying to place you. Did we meet?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The V-10 Nationals will not be coming to this event in Las Vegas. as the series grows and we have more finacial resources we will love to come there.

it is my goal to have a east coast as well as west coast series but we please do not despise the small beginings! we are working hard but I don't want to do it if it cannot be done right!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Manny, I did attend the road course, but I was just spectating. I beleive we met and spoke breifly. You probably wouldn't have remembered me though, I would've been just another 21 year old drooling over your car and asking how fast it was. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Anyhow to answer your question, I was only a spectator last year at the Supra meet in Las Vegas.

Dr. Roof, so is that a no then? I understand the financial restrictions plus the relative short notice. Hopefully though this year, just from other Viper members seeing and reading this post, we will have more Vipers on attendance! All are welcome and encouraged to come out and participate. Us Supra guys are always up for a good race! /images/graemlins/smiles

Thanks again, and if anyone is still interested in individaully participating in the Supra meet in Las Vegas, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Craig King

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.