1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Re: Kumho\'s in 18\"??

agreed. BFGs and corners dont go together well /images/graemlins/toothy

· Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,110 Posts

I run the 18' Kumhos ...they are great for cornering and even in the rain ....I was having traction issue .....I did not get any traction with the Pilots..... I have a few more horses than stock.

Price is reasonable and the are the best all a round "street" tire I have ever used!

Cudaman:flag:

· Registered
6,166 Posts

Cudaman said:
I run the 18' Kumhos ...they are great for cornering and even in the rain ....I was having traction issue .....I did not get any traction with the Pilots..... I have a few more horses than stock.

Price is reasonable and the are the best all a round "street" tire I have ever used!

Cudaman:flag:

They ROCK on the track!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Pilots spin-Kumhos don't!!!!!

Be warned, you will need paint work after a set or two :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: You don't realize how much shit is on the highways until you run a set of Kumhos. :nod:

· Registered
97 Posts

Okaay which are better at the strip for the avg (non-800hp) Viper? 18" Kumhos or 18" BFG Drag Radials? If the Kumhos pick up more road grit than the BFGs (softer compound?), the corner better, and they're cheaper, the Kumhos might be the better choice?

· Registered
858 Posts

There is no comparison, the BFG's are great for straight line accleration, but, cannot corner. The Kuhmo's are a very good autocross/track tire, but, it is no where near as good as the BFG (straight line). The Kumho's will also sand blast the wheel wells and sills.

· Registered
581 Posts

Speaking of BFG's, my relatively new set took a beating on the dyno last weekend and are kind of melted/beaded/rough looking across the center. The car doesn't ride differently as best I can tell, but is there any way to get that surface back to something like normal, and if not will it make a difference?

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts

jack hit it dead on. for the drag; BFGs. for the total package tire; Kuhmos

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts

redgts; sure, go do a hellacious burnout, seriously.

· Banned
2,657 Posts

Just be sure to wash the tire after that burn out. I still have "white" stuff on my tires. I had to wash them 2 times to get it off. What a PITA...but it sure was a fun time.

· Premium Member
5,177 Posts

Are the kumhos steel belted?

The new hoosiers are supposed to be steel belted as well. I need new tires for my car too. For some reason, the pilots get hard as a rock after a couple years. I still have pretty good tread left too so its a real pisser.

So I'd rather go with cheaper tires and get better grip. The Sport Cups are an option but are just as expensive as the pilots. I'm thinking Kumhos (if they make em in 18") or the new hoosiers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.