Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to make a get a spare key and remote. I know that the standard dodge key blanks work on the viper. Is this also true for the remotes? These are going to be spares, and will likely sit in the back of a draw somewhere so I don't want to spend the extra money just to have a viper symbol stamped on them if not needed.

Thanks,
Bill

· Registered
5,769 Posts
Viper only, not used on any other cars because of the system. All other chrysler products use a keyless entry receiver for the remotes, however the Vipers use an "electronic entry module" which also incorporates the security system. The part number is 4865431aa and the list price is $57.00, but cost is $34.20. Most decent dealers will sell them for less than list. And yes they are on ebay,.

· Registered
5,769 Posts
On the '02, you have to use a Chrysler drbIII scan tool, so a dealer will have to do it. I think the owners manual says you can do it without but I have never seen it work.

· Registered
739 Posts
Screw the factory alarm on the Viper! I don't know about any of you, but all my factory alarm did was cause me grief. I finally got fed up and switched to a custom alarm that works well. The guy also did a setting where my windows are now one-touch inside and remote up/down when outside the car, pretty cool!

Viper 791 XV

It's not so sensitive that it goes off every 2 min., and the LCD screen vibrates/buzzes if the alarm goes off and I'm not around with over 1/3 mile range. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.