Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears I've done something silly. Had my passenger door apart to do work on the window regulator. Put it all back together, window works! During the repair, I had the battery disconnected and reconnected a few times (done via removing the negative terminal).

Unusual symptom: the car only reacts to the key fob if I have actuated the driver's door in the previous minute or so. Additionally, the passenger exterior door handle only releases if I have actuated the driver's door in the previous minute or so. I'm inclined to rule out key fob batteries (replaced) and a screwy passenger door handle because, all I do is open and close the driver door, and they work great, exactly as expected.

It is such a strange behavior I can't even begin to fathom. Is there some type of reset I need to do after having had my battery disconnected or something?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With the window up, it drops the window a bit when I open the door, and raises it again after I close it. I had thought it may have been the door latch not indicating the door being closed, but actuating the window tells me that’s working.

when I had the door panel off, I pulled connectors for the window motor, speaker, door lock switch, and the interior door handle. Was there another connector in there I’m not remembering?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it. Car had a P2610. Cleared itself after a few drive cycles and the locks/doors started acting normal again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts