Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latley I am having troubles getting the car to unlock when I hit the unlock botton on the key FOB. I have replaced the battery and it's still doing the same thing. It would usually take me 3 or 4 trys with me right next to the car to get it to unlock itself. Could my remote be going bad or could it be something in the stock alarm that is going out? I usually do not drive the car that much (less then 2000 miles since I bought it last year.) and the car sits in the garage most of the time unlocked. I would like to try a new key fob to see if that fixes it. Would anyone know how much one is from the dealership and would they be able to program it for my car?

· Registered
119 Posts
I had a similar problem a few months back. It would take almost 10-2- tries to get the locks to work. I also thought it was the battery. I took the fob apart I cleaned it up inside and put it back together with the old battery. Has worked perfect ever since. I, don't think it was the cleaning that fixed the problem. I think things were just not lined up right inside there before.

hope this helps,
Bill

· Registered
273 Posts
same thing here...could not unlock my doors at a nightclub..how embarassing, they probally thought i was stealing the car!! The piece of metal has to be perfectly over the battery inside the casing..try adjusting it a little, or buy a new one..I bought a spare one of ebay for 20 bucks just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.