Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that didn't see it on the morgue and have any interest, here is what the new K&N kit for the SRT-10 seems to pick up...

[image]http://kansascityvca.com/srt/kndyno.jpg[/image]

Now if you look closely at the graph you will see that the difference is minimal at the low end and goes up as the RPM's increase. For example, at 2500 RPM the difference was only 1.8 RWHP and 3.7 RWTQ. But at 5300 RPM the difference was 17.1 RWHP and 17.0 RWTQ. The car was 100% stock other than some nifty MGW dress-up goodies.

A couple other notes: I did six dyno pulls total and took the best from stock and with K&N. I disconnected the PCM power before each set of runs (stock and K&N). I was a little disappointed in the stock numbers, as my car dyno'ed higher some 5000 miles ago. Of course in the meantime I had the computer reflashed (lights and bog) and suspect there is some debris in the stock filters after that number of miles. As we all know, dynos will yield different numbers on different days. I think my car is running as strong as it ever has, and the drive home with the K&N's felt like it had more power. It also seemed to generate a little more noise up front without the resonator chamber. Not so much the whistle I got on my GTS, but almost more of a throaty rumble. Overall I am very pleased.

I will post more comparison dynos on the new Green filters for the SRT-10, dynos on a couple Roe supercharged Gen II's, dyno on the new PCM reprogramming from West Coast, and one monster DLM Gen I among several others. Our local Viper Dyno Day is on April 18th.

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GroundFighter said:
What were the correction factors for this dyno vs the previous dyno in which your numbers were better?
Excellent question, and one I can't answer offhand. The correction factor on these runs was 1.03, while I seem to recall that the original was closer to 1.01 (don't have those sheets handy).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.