Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twinvipers not pushing the car to full power just put down a 9.45 at 157.

Atco Raceway , Atco, New Jersey

Temp is about mid to high 80's and altitude density has been said to be about 2200.

Car looks like it has some more in it but the sun is roasting this track and causing some traction issues.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Congrats Jeff!!

Good luck on breakin' into the early 9's and high Eights!

Jay K.

·
Registered
587 Posts
WOW! Congrats! :bowdown: :thumb: These posts are making me want to sell a limb or 2 for a Heffner TT setup :nod: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
awesome, good, great, unreal, to much, fantastic, way to go, fantissimo, frantic, race on Mr. TwinViper. :thumb: :bowdown: :thumb: :bowdown:
Is this the same set up that Chad has or one under? First time out numbers are very promising, good show, way to, jump for joy, oh boy, what a toy go. :thumb: :bowdown: :thumb: :bowdown: :cheers: :dude3: :bunny: :nana:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Nice job, Jeff! I hope you spoke to Leo about a roll cage :rofl: You're fucking nuts running almost 160 mph without a cage. :rofl: I'm glad you're enjoying the car, man!

We packed it in early. Too damn hot to beat on the car all day. I'm happy with the results, though.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Paul, you get your 8?

Rohn, different setup but plenty potent. Second fastest Viper ever at 157 and more to come.

And Jeff, congrats buddy. You are going to love that thing. Hopefully you get to crush something on the way home. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Jeff, that mph is sick, If it was not at full power, I wonder how much was it making... had to be close to 1000 rwhp at least...
Paul, how did you do today?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
No, unfortunately no 8s for us today. We didn't get the new computer or tune for this session so we're still running on low boost. We just got a new converter which worked out well.

Nevertheless, I was extremely pleased with the car's performance today. It ran a best pass of 9.14 @ 149.9 mph with a 1.35 60'. It ran a similar number last Wednesday in 20 degrees cooler weather. We would have been well into the 8s today had it not been 80+ degrees. I love the fact that it cut a 1.35 short time.

We didn't want to beat on the car needlessly so Leo packed it in early. I was stuck at work while he was running the car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Assuming a weight of 3700 pounds 157 MPH is about 1120 HP at the crank or roughly 950 RWHP. But given the fact that it's hard to put that much power down I bet he was probably closer 1050+ RWHP.

SGC-ZR1 said:
Jeff, that mph is sick, If it was not at full power, I wonder how much was it making... had to be close to 1000 rwhp at least...
Paul, how did you do today?

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
WOW! :cheers: :thumb: :dude3: :rofl: :dance:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.