Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say that the gift cert. I won at TX2k5 is being backed well. There are no silly stipulations like it must be installed within the next 2 weeks or it must be a certain turbo package, etc. It's an "open" gift certificate that seems to have the limitation only of having to be applied to a viper...we're working on that right now (I want to change it to my supra)

Let me say this.....from the dealings with them so far, they have been A class, and obviously no mystery to the mustang camaro world. I'll let everyone know what's up wtih the turbo cert...

It's still up for sale for anyone. I can get the system for 3K less with this gift certificate. I'll sell it to anyone who may be interested. :thumb:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, we have definitely stepped up in all the markets. Fastest LT1 ET record, 1238 rwhp stock block LT1. Daily driven 1012rwhp/909rwtq LT1 f-body with stock ported heads and intake. Numerous mustang records ( including fastest 10.5 tire outlaw car on the planet at [email protected]), and we plan to go after some Dodge records to boot.

Jose

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
Yeah, we have definitely stepped up in all the markets. Fastest LT1 ET record, 1238 rwhp stock block LT1. Daily driven 1012rwhp/909rwtq LT1 f-body with stock ported heads and intake. Numerous mustang records ( including fastest 10.5 tire outlaw car on the planet at [email protected]), and we plan to go after some Dodge records to boot.

Jose
I'm curious what record you hold with the LT1 and are you referring to Tim Lynch and Steve Petty when you speak of the 10.5 record ? Since Steve is a friend of mine and they hold that record, I'm also curious what you had to do with it ??

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
I guess I'm still confused.....are you with Proturbo or forced inductions ?

Anyway, I'm not sure that having someone as a customer allows you to claim:
"Numerous mustang records ( including fastest 10.5 tire outlaw car on the planet at [email protected])"

This is "if" they are even much of a customer. The Pro turbo site says: We converted the car to a Twin GT-47 System in March of 2004. Now correct me if I am wrong, but has Pro turbo ever worked on that car ? I don't know for sure and can clear it up with a single phone call to Steve or Tim. Like I said...I don't know what Proturbo has to do with it, but the work I have seen done to the car happened at Steves (old) shop near Atlanta.

Also nice numbers on the LT1 record.....I was thinking full bodied unstripped without an intercooler in the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
1Tony1,

You really should call and speak to Steve and verify the facts before making comments, that qusetion of truthfullness.

FACT - Stever Petty hauled the car down here in Texas to our shop in March of 2004 and Yes, Pro turbo Kits fabricated a set of one of a kind CUSTOM sized headers and turbo mounts for the Shreader II.

FACT - we do not advertise building kits or systems that we have not built.

On another note, the Lynch Gang needs to turn up the wick on the Shreader ( it has more left in it), because another car that PTK built the turbo system for broke the 10.5" W record a month ago with SBC single 106mm PTK system.
Keith Campbell
Pro Turbo Kits, Inc.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
proturbokits said:
1Tony1,

You really should call and speak to Steve and verify the facts before making comments, that qusetion of truthfullness.

FACT - Stever Petty hauled the car down here in Texas to our shop in March of 2004 and Yes, Pro turbo Kits fabricated a set of one of a kind CUSTOM sized headers and turbo mounts for the Shreader II.

FACT - we do not advertise building kits or systems that we have not built.

On another note, the Lynch Gang needs to turn up the wick on the Shreader ( it has more left in it), because another car that PTK built the turbo system for broke the 10.5" W record a month ago with SBC single 106mm PTK system.
Keith Campbell
Pro Turbo Kits, Inc.

That's why I was questioning the facts as you posted them and not saying they were not true. It's just surprising that a local car was worked on in Tx. by the new Viper TT guys.....surprising, that's all. I will confirm with Steve and will certainly post up the results, but when you say the car was hauled down there and what was done it makes more sense than just seeing a pic of the car in "customer photos"

Are you saying Steve and Tim no longer hold the 10.5" record ? I have not heard that. Where is the info ? Big race in Huntsville this weekend ???

Edit...oh I see I posted back to someone else.....anyway, while you are here, when are we going to see some numbers on a running system ? No slam here....I think people are really interested and some don't understand claiming #'s based only on turbo size. Some have to be able to see lines on a dyno sheet, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lol, Keith, I knew you would be here soon... :thumb:

As for Lynch's car....this might help ;)

[image]http://forcedinductions.com/images/misc/Petty_01.jpg[/image]

Also Steve's car in front of the shop with some other customers....

[image]http://forcedinductions.com/images/misc/MVC-023F-2.JPG[/image]

Oh and here is a nice little addition....68 Camaro 502 6 spd, with Twin Master Power T70's.

[image]http://forcedinductions.com/images/misc/Ducancamaro-2.JPG[/image]
[image]http://forcedinductions.com/images/misc/MVC-865S-2.JPG[/image]

Tony we are partnered with PTS in giving our customers the best systems and components available.

As for the LT1, Rick's car is a race system indeed. He made over 1200rwhp. The car that made 1012rwhp is another car that is a full street car with A/C, leather, 6spd tranny...etc. Only thing that gives it away is the whistle when the 88 hits ;).

Jose

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
Tony you going to be in H-ville this weekend??
Probably not, if I can't race I don't like to go. In the last few years my outlaw car has become slow. Several friends will be there racing and spectating. I did talk to a buddy yesterday and he can't come down until Sunday morning...he helps a limited street racer and is trying to get me to come over.

What about the street race Huntsville is going to have with the 10 mile drive ? What do you think will win the stock suspension class ??? A mudstain in the mid fives ? I hear Tim may bring his "street car" :nod:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tony I am going to try to make it to the shootout if I am in town. Their are going to be some quick stangs for sure though. Alan Kennedy (old pro mustang racer) may have his car there with his new setup, so he will definitely be one to watch.

As for the record Keith was refering to, Todd Moyer in his 3rd Gen Camaro went a 6.92.

Jose

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Do you have any dyno number yet? The mustang guys are complaining on the turbomustang forum you guys are not delivering kits on a timly basis (3 months after taking thier money?) you set up looks good, but no numbers and not the best referances.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I guess I am pretty slo and just realized this is just a "kit" Just the turbo components. In respect to the viper what fuel system are you using to support the "2300 hp" setup? Do you direct the customer what works for that application or are they left to research that part of it?

John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.