Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car to Englishtown tonight. Have not received my roll bar yet, so I knew I was getting kicked out.

I know when Moundir had the car it trapped around 146 in 108 degree track temp.

1st pass ;
60'= 1.67
1/4 mile= 11.52
mph= 83.27

Got out of it and hit the brakes(thought I wouldn't break into the 11's).

Next full pass I knew I was getting kicked out.

2nd pass;
60'=1.48
330'=4.209
660'=6.400
mph in the 1/8th=117.13
1000'=8.270
et=9.892
mph=129.89

Had to lift in third(got about one foot from the wall). Got in and out of it in fourth. What a ride. Have to figure out why it went hard right. If I was to stay in it and go 148-150, I think it should have went a 9.50-9.60.

Temp was 70
Humidity was 69

Doug, you build some great cars.

Can't wait to go again with my roll bar and make a full pass.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
twinvipers said:
Took the car to Englishtown tonight. Have not received my roll bar yet, so I knew I was getting kicked out.

I know when Moundir had the car it trapped around 146 in 108 degree track temp.

1st pass ;
60'= 1.67
1/4 mile= 11.52
mph= 83.27

Got out of it and hit the brakes(thought I wouldn't break into the 11's).

Next full pass I knew I was getting kicked out.

2nd pass;
60'=1.48
330'=4.209
660'=6.400
mph in the 1/8th=117.13
1000'=8.270
et=9.892
mph=129.89

Had to lift in third(got about one foot from the wall). Got in and out of it in fourth. What a ride. Have to figure out why it went hard right. If I was to stay in it and go 148-150, I think it should have went a 9.50-9.60.

Temp was 70
Humidity was 69

Doug, you build some great cars.

Can't wait to go again with my roll bar and make a full pass.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!! YOU DID 117MPH IN THE 1/8 /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked You know you would have picked up another 35mph easy is what I was seeing in BG in the back 1/8th /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked Not fair I want my car back /images/graemlins/soapbox.gif /images/graemlins/mad

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My friend has the pass on video for his new film. He won't let me post it until it comes out.
I'll make my own as soon as I get the bar from BTR and make a full pass.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congrats on the awesome run man.

I ran a little late and did make the track. I do look forward to meeting you at E-town one day though.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REDGAR,

I made that pass next to a Cartek car(red c5 with a guy named Mike)very cool guy.

Would love to set up a track rental with the vette guys at Atco.

What do you think ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes I know Mike Conway and I agree, real nice guy.

Atco track rental is a nice idea. I know Cartek rents the track like 10 times a year.

For me the problem is always that I am out of town on weekdays and weekedays is the only time they Rent Atco.

The other thing is they limit the number of cars that can come so that always leaves out a bunch of guys.

In any case, if you want to try and set something up, I can help you get the word out to the Vette guys.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey also, Satruday June 26 at E-town we are having a heads up Corvette race where some of the quickest C5s in the area will be there. If you want to come out that day (provided you have your bar in) and run time trials, maybe we can set up a friendly side-by-side showing of you nine-second guys.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Holy shit, Jeff, that's moving!!!! Good thing they didn't kick you out for the rest of the season after running that number /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Did you light up the boards or you ran n/t? As far as Atco goes, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. My car is still about a month away from completion. By then you'll be racing in +4000 DA. I wanted to come down and watch you but had too much shit going on at home. Let me know next time you're running.

Congrats again. :thumb:

Paul

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Mike, did you know your car was that fast?

Jeff, was that your 1st time? Just think, your times will only improve! If that was your 1st day on the track with that puppy, you haven't seen the potential of that car yet.

Gerald

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Paul,

I'll call you next time out. Hopefully the bar will be in this week. I don't know if they will let me run again if I'm not certified for 9.99 or better. I'm not cutting the car up to get it certified either.
Maybe Atco next time. Better hooking track anyway.

Gerald,

I think the car would have went a 9.50 @ 150-152 no problem. Can't wait for the cool air in the fall. Maybe a little spray also.

This thing drives like a normal car on the street. Un-fukin real...

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
Gerald said:
Mike, did you know your car was that fast?

Jeff, was that your 1st time? Just think, your times will only improve! If that was your 1st day on the track with that puppy, you haven't seen the potential of that car yet.

Gerald
I knew the car is much much faster than that :nod: Just goes to show, it's all in the driver :idea: Unfort for me I suck /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Jeff,

I dont need to tell you then what a difference cold air makes..unreal diff.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.