Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

just got a ride in a Roe SC Viper

2K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  FAST? 
#1 ·
Bob Tom from the CO/UT chapter just happened to live about 5 minutes from my parents. While in town I was able to check out his Roe SC Viper. He has the 7# pulley, edelbrock headers, hi-flo cats, Corsa exhaust, and short throw shifter. He also just finished the one mile run in Nebraska recently with a 189.6 mph run.

All I can say is WOW. The sound of the car at start-up was incredible, a sound that all Vipers need stock. A bit loud but noticeable on a car that really doesnt need sound to announce its presence.

Anyway, a thrilling ride through the gears with little supercharger whine like I'd thought. This is good for those unknowing. The tach races toward redline much faster and the pull is noticeably greater from his dyno numbers near 700.

For now I cannot keep stock much longer. I must have the "breathability" improvements (thats what I tell myself now) and will likely plan for the Roe upgrade hopefully in the near future. This ride is detremental to my checkbook but well worth it.

#4 ·
I rode in one today too.....pretty damn fast even if I do say so myself :nod:

#7 ·
I dont believe he's having problems. He said something about running 96 octane and adjusting the timing 3 degrees at the one mile run in Nebraska and now he's on 91 octane. I didnt think about it at the time but the hi-flo cats he's got really do cool the inside of the car down.

#8 ·
Dave
I'm glad you stopped by as I'm always looking for an excuse to go for a ride.
I am running the 7 lb pully and might try the 8 sometime. It shouldn't be a problem at my altitude.
My last dyno was 612rwhp/ 647rwtq. I think Roe cars show less power sitting on the dyno due to the lack of an innercooler. Once your moving down the road the power really picks up. I noticed on my one mile runs that my temp gauge would drop to under 190 by the 1/2 mile marker.

Bob David

#10 ·
Bob:
You do not have rockers in your car? Just wondering, cause I am yet to take my car to the dyno and was wondering what numbers it might put out. I have a 96 R/T 10 with 8lbs and all your above mods plus T&D rockers.

Hopefully I will be in the 600 for RWHP....

But yes, the Roe S/C will kick some Paxton and Votec arses when Sean comes out with the intercooler...

:thumb:

#12 ·
gtsbob said:
KingViper
Yes, I have Arrow rockers. I'm thinking about upgrading to Jesels soon. I really like their design.
Just did a pair. They are very well made.
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/726jesel_2-med.JPG[/image]

#13 ·
KingViper said:
Bob:
You do not have rockers in your car? Just wondering, cause I am yet to take my car to the dyno and was wondering what numbers it might put out. I have a 96 R/T 10 with 8lbs and all your above mods plus T&D rockers.

Hopefully I will be in the 600 for RWHP....

But yes, the Roe S/C will kick some Paxton and Votec arses when Sean comes out with the intercooler...

:thumb:

I've had both. And the Roe doesn't come close to kicking my Paxton Novi 2000 arse. You would have to run NOS with the Roe 8lb or 10 lb to have a chance.

Dave you can only run the 5lb with your car its a "creampuff". If you do a Roe blower you need to use Larry Macedo. If you go with the Paxton Novi 2000 then give Underground Racing a call.

Not trying to start anything here but the truth is the truth. And I've owned them both. My car is now highly modified and its not a fair comparison. However, BlownGTS's car (96)with a Novi 2000 and a fuel system puts down 860-900 at the wheels and has run a 9.70. No Roe blower with out NOS has been in the 9's to my knowledge. Please don't take this as a flame b/c it's not. I like both setups. Both are just apples and oranges when compared to each other.

#15 ·
FAST? said:
my roe blown car can give the paxton cars a run.
Same here....with nitrous yes, no different than your intercooler and built motor. Oh, thats with a stock motor too. Stop on the way back to the Carolinas and we will hit them off on a good street roll :nod:

p.s. At least this is a good opportunity for some more cheerleading for UGR......no.....they would never jump on someone elses thread to do that. Hey my daughter may have a few cheerleading uniforms left over if Brian and BlownGTS are small enough to fit :rolleyes:

#16 ·
Oh Tony you know I'm too fat to wear your daughters uniform. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
I'm already home. Didn't make it to VOI. Why didn't you come to the races?? Wish we would have known earlier we would have stopped by for a roll on :nod:

No ones doing any cheerleading for UGR. I know Dave and simply gave my opinion. Oops I forgot yours is the only one that counts. You guys do enough cheering for Roe. UGR needs no cheerleading they let the track do their talking as plenty have seen. Re-read my post no one was flaming anything. I like both systems :smooch: You must not read the post very clearly I said my car was not a fair comparison. Are you trying to say that BlownGTS's car doesn't have a stock motor???????? If so your wrong. You seem to have some type of problem with UGR. Not sure why. But that's between you guys. I'm just a happy customer of theirs. No one said the Roe cars couldn't run with the paxton cars. I know they can. But they have to have NOS to do it. Maybe Sean will release his intercooler soon......... :rolleyes:

#17 ·
Oh Tony you know I'm too fat to wear your daughters uniform. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I think you guys would be cute !!

I'm already home. Didn't make it to VOI. Why didn't you come to the races?? Wish we would have known earlier we would have stopped by for a roll on :nod:

To much going on during the week to leave.....my bad, I figured you were at VOI.

No ones doing any cheerleading for UGR. I know Dave and simply gave my opinion. Oops I forgot yours is the only one that counts. You guys do enough cheering for Roe.

I do support Sean, but hardly the cheerleading you guys do. If you look back at your posts for a few months......geesh, it should be embarrasing. Even way before you got your car back. I do admit, it's not so bad to brag after the numbers have been laid down. I could spend an hour or so and dig all the posts up if you wanted to see them.

UGR needs no cheerleading they let the track do their talking as plenty have seen.

Exactly.....the cheerleading is not needed and is a turn off. A kind word now and then is fine though.

Re-read my post no one was flaming anything. I like both systems :smooch: You must not read the post very clearly I said my car was not a fair comparison. Are you trying to say that BlownGTS's car doesn't have a stock motor???????? If so your wrong.

Not me...I believe it and was never one of the disbelievers....go back and look at the flame threads. Not sure why his stock motor came up here.

You seem to have some type of problem with UGR. Not sure why. But that's between you guys.

No problem with UGR since Bradenton. At that race I voiced my opinion about the title deal to Kevin face to face . Also had the little incident with the gravel throwing at the end. As far as I'm concerned it's all water under the bridge and I give UGR a BIG thumbs up for stepping up and supporting the V10 Nationals.

I'm just a happy customer of theirs.

Really...I would have never guessed /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

No one said the Roe cars couldn't run with the paxton cars. I know they can. But they have to have NOS to do it. Maybe Sean will release his intercooler soon......... :rolleyes:

I already have my intercooler...so I'm not waiting on anything but Christmas.

While we are praising folks for good work. We should acknowledge my machinest/machine shop, Proline Racing/Steve Petty who I believe built your engine....looks like they did a good job.

Maybe you caught me at "that time of the month" but I have said the same to Roe s/c guys too.

#18 ·
:1tony1: Sorry to say but there is no comparison in the 2 blowers! The ROE with NOS is not enough for the Paxton. So you know for your self have the 2 blowers put on a blower dyno. Check the CFM's on each of them. Check the discharge temp. at maxim efficiency with no cooler on a paxton. If that don't tell you well I guess you cant be taught.

As far as Brian having a stock motor he DOES not. He has UGR ported heads and custom cam and billet internals. He makes 960 rwhp on 93 octane with an average 11.0 A/F.. On 100 oct. he makes 1033 rwhp with average A/F of 11.0. Both figures are with 15 psi of boost. no added injection of any type! His car has gone only a 9.80 @ 147mph with and average A/F at 10.2 in 95 degree heat. With no traction a 1.79 60ft. with a 15-20 head wind

Sounds like you don't believe Matt's car has a stock engine.. I wouldn't ether. He ran 9.75 @ 144 with Blower and fuel system! not even headers! If you have a problem believing that we can go run the car then Dyno it so you know its the same as it always been then go back 2 your shop and tear down the engine to show you the car is stock all the way to the rocker arms. Bring your wallet. Bring all the money you want to gamble with and if there is one thing on that motor not stock besides a good balancer you might win your self some money but believe me it does not pay to gamble! So are you ready to put your money were your mouth is??

As far as doing a highway roll off we can do that 2. I will use Matt's car if you want. That is the shop slowest car. Lets meet 1/2 way and do this. I will bring the camera and you just bring your wallet and we will have a nice little street race.

PS. next time you make it to a race try running in the fast class not the 10.00 and up class. Try running with the big boys and not picking on the slow cars for once. Its kind of funny I don't here nothing out of you about racing when I see you at the track.. Well, at least you talk like your fast behind the key board!

give me a call if you would like to do some blower comparing.. you can use all the NOS you want and I will be running strait boost.. That will be all I need. 704-361-3443 call anytime!! Please !!

#19 ·
UnderGroundRacing said:
:1tony1: Sorry to say but there is no comparison in the 2 blowers! The ROE with NOS is not enough for the Paxton. So you know for your self have the 2 blowers put on a blower dyno. Check the CFM's on each of them. Check the discharge temp. at maxim efficiency with no cooler on a paxton. If that don't tell you well I guess you cant be taught.

As far as Brian having a stock motor he DOES not. He has UGR ported heads and custom cam and billet internals. He makes 960 rwhp on 93 octane with an average 11.0 A/F.. On 100 oct. he makes 1033 rwhp with average A/F of 11.0. Both figures are with 15 psi of boost. no added injection of any type! His car has gone only a 9.80 @ 147mph with and average A/F at 10.2 in 95 degree heat. With no traction a 1.79 60ft. with a 15-20 head wind

Sounds like you don't believe Matt's car has a stock engine.. I wouldn't ether. He ran 9.75 @ 144 with Blower and fuel system! not even headers! If you have a problem believing that we can go run the car then Dyno it so you know its the same as it always been then go back 2 your shop and tear down the engine to show you the car is stock all the way to the rocker arms. Bring your wallet. Bring all the money you want to gamble with and if there is one thing on that motor not stock besides a good balancer you might win your self some money but believe me it does not pay to gamble! So are you ready to put your money were your mouth is??

As far as doing a highway roll off we can do that 2. I will use Matt's car if you want. That is the shop slowest car. Lets meet 1/2 way and do this. I will bring the camera and you just bring your wallet and we will have a nice little street race.

PS. next time you make it to a race try running in the fast class not the 10.00 and up class. Try running with the big boys and not picking on the slow cars for once. Its kind of funny I don't here nothing out of you about racing when I see you at the track.. Well, at least you talk like your fast behind the key board!

give me a call if you would like to do some blower comparing.. you can use all the NOS you want and I will be running strait boost.. That will be all I need. 704-361-3443 call anytime!! Please !!
I'll only address this briefly because most of what you said has nothing to do with my initial post....or my other post as far as that goes.

1. When did I say the Paxton was worse OR better than the Roe ??? I could care less. If $$ was no object, I would have turbos. This was about Brian coming into another thread. My point is...he is not helping you or your shop by doing this....it is a turn off. Ever been around a good looking girl and all she can do is talk about herself ??? That's my point.

2. Brian's car hauls ass and is making tons of power....so your point is ????? Hell, I made the first post on VCA congratulating him on the win.

3. I have not posted anything about Matts car not being stock....so don't try to insinuate that I have said that. If you believe otherwise, you are welcome to search until your heart is content. Take that up with somebody else....you have the wrong guy here.

4. A roll off....I was talking about Brians car. Do I expect to win ?? Not really, BUT you will know I was there with the LOWLY Roe s/c. You may have morons where you live, but if you think I would put money on this race you are sadly mistaken.

5. FYI, I ran the 10.50 to 11.00 class in Ohio. I was index racing for a win. I ran the unlimited in Bradenton....finished 2nd. What did you finish at Bradenton .......hmmm....that's what I thought. My finish at Bradenton shows the fastest cars don't always go top to bottom like they should. Congrats on your driving because if I'm not mistaken, you have not had the fastest/quickest cars at any race. At Ohio I beat one of your cars in the street tire race. In Bradenton you (in Matts, errrr your car??) and I were #1 and #2 qualifiers in the sreet tire class, a 10.665 for me and a 10.664 for you. Our et street times were also close, but you were a little quicker. Big deal....those are faster cars than mine (barely) they should be faster. At the track I let my runs do the talking, good or bad. You haven't been knocking on my door either...goes both ways. That has nothing to do with my point. You are wanting to argue about things that I'm not debating.

My post has nothing to do with your work or the ability of the cars you build. Didn't take long for Brian to give you a call /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

#21 ·
Be quiet Ronnie /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I read back through this mess. I still stand by my post, I didn't think Brian should have posted the first time.....he was ignored and posted again.

My mistake..... was voicing my opinion on the board. I should have pmed Brian if I felt that strongly about it. Brian is excited about his car (rightly so) and grateful to UGR. My apoligies to Brian for my public affection /images/graemlins/smiles

#22 ·
Tony all I said in the original post was that David should take a ride in a viper with a novi 2000. That's not cheerleading or saying anything about anyone.

I recommended Macedo for the Roe Install and UGR for the Paxton route. Yet I only get accused of cheerleading for UGR. Man you must have hurt Macedo's feelings :rofl:

KingViper responded with a post saying "that when Roe comes out with an intercooler that it will start kicking paxton and vortech's arse". I know that's bs. Personally, I'd rather have the Roe w/Nos instead of a roe intercooler. So no my post wasn't ignored.

Anyway it doesn't matter. Apology accepted :thumb:

Yeah Ronnie shut up :rofl: btw any news on your car?

#24 ·
RedGTS said:
Yeah Ronnie shut up btw any news on your car?
Hey, where's the love? :kiss:

I think my car is being built one piece at a time, and we don't order the next part until we install the last one. :doh:

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :rofl: :rofl: :lolcry: keep me posted.

#25 ·
1TONY1 said:
Be quiet Ronnie /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I read back through this mess. I still stand by my post, I didn't think Brian should have posted the first time.....he was ignored and posted again.

My mistake..... was voicing my opinion on the board. I should have pmed Brian if I felt that strongly about it. Brian is excited about his car (rightly so) and grateful to UGR. My apoligies to Brian for my public affection /images/graemlins/smiles
Oh man...look what I started...
:doh:

#26 ·
2MANYTOYS said:
KingViper responded with a post saying "that when Roe comes out with an intercooler that it will start kicking paxton and vortech's arse". :thumb:
I thought King was probably refering to a DIY Paxton instead of a DLM, UGR or Heffner monster. I know that is also debatable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.