Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here, hope to make it an interesting one. Now I am not bragging or singing my own praises here, just clarifying a few items. First off TNT Motorsports has Never been out run by ANY 6 speed Viper. As far as I am concerned we still hold the record for the fastest 6 speed IN COMPETITION, which is all that matters. 9.50 at San Antonio and Bowling Green, the closest competition was in the 60's. So called "records" done in testing don't hold any water with me or a sanctioning body such as NHRA. And this isn't anything new, We haven't been out run IN COMPETITION, in about 5 years. Now, I have red lit and slept and yes I have blown shit up, but I have always been there. So guess what: keeping typing away with all of your meaningless, empty, egotistical statistics and smack talk. We're not going anywhere.

P.S: To little Johnny- I might own the record for the most spectacular N2o explosion but you hold the undisputed title for most spectacular business explosion. See you soon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
TNT has always shown at the major races to the best of my knowledge, atleast the major ones at RCR(SAR). Glad to see they are getting into the mix too. The December 7 V10 Nationals looks to have all the major tuners goin at it. This is going to be awesome!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Hey Nick, I hope you guys do make it. They dyno day is at Mike Murillo's shop in SA, you'll have to stop by. He will be there.

DW

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Mr. NFIELD
Whats up, I thought that you did not buy into this on line rant. I never knew it to bother you so why today, were you bored or something.
No one can deny that you are one hell of a race car driver, you scared the shit out of me.
I to really hope you show up, would be great to visit on a FRIENDLY note this time, correct.
As far as the explosions we both know that it was not as much you as the intake. When you ran a different intake you were always in the top one or 2.
Continue being you and do not let it get into you. Most all of us know who is who and what is what.
afriend

·
Registered
806 Posts
I will have to agree with TNT. I have seen them post the best times at the actual drag racing events for their given class. This should bring alot of drama to the strip bearing that in mind. I also agree with TNT that WORLD RECORDS should be had at events not at some private track or track rental. Zone events and national events should count and I am sure there are others. You don't see the NHRA boys setting records on their own track or on a private day. I will probably get flamed but oh well. Also, I think when you have the same conditions for everyone, (track temp, humidity, density altitude, traction,etc) then I would be inclined to say that is a world record.

Now all of these times posted by individuals for their best times are great but they are individual bests not world records IMHO. If they run a great time that is awesome but I think they need to back it up by bringing their car to a zone or national event and running it there to get a WORLD RECORD.

Food for thought! We don't have any place that has world records anyway so this is probably a waste of time!

I am saying all of this I don't have a pot to piss in. I don't hold anything but I might someday and if someone is going to break it I want it to be on a level playing field.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
That's fine for you Nick. But most anybody else who goes to the track and acheives a record ET can simply prove it with a time slip and video. We plan to beat your in COMPETITION ONLY record of 9.50 by a few thenths next weekend anyway.

By the way, I really gave you too much credit for the most spectacular NOS explosions. You share that title with RSI.

Looking forward to seeing you next week at the track.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
utahviper said:
I will have to agree with TNT. I have seen them post the best times at the actual drag racing events for their given class. This should bring alot of drama to the strip bearing that in mind. I also agree with TNT that WORLD RECORDS should be had at events not at some private track or track rental. Zone events and national events should count and I am sure there are others. You don't see the NHRA boys setting records on their own track or on a private day. I will probably get flamed but oh well. Also, I think when you have the same conditions for everyone, (track temp, humidity, density altitude, traction,etc) then I would be inclined to say that is a world record.

Now all of these times posted by individuals for their best times are great but they are individual bests not world records IMHO. If they run a great time that is awesome but I think they need to back it up by bringing their car to a zone or national event and running it there to get a WORLD RECORD.

Food for thought! We don't have any place that has world records anyway so this is probably a waste of time!

I am saying all of this I don't have a pot to piss in. I don't hold anything but I might someday and if someone is going to break it I want it to be on a level playing field.

Well said Ward. I am slow as shit, but I totally agree on all points. Records occur at races where everyone has to deal with the same conditions and same pressures of the event. :twocents: Good luck to all.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nick, I hope to see you again at TX2K4 - Supra Nationals. You put on a great show last year and I hope to see you again this coming year (March 20, 2004).
Now back to your regularly scheduled internet shit talking... :)
Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts