Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doors wont open using either the inside, or outside handles. The only way in/out, is to use the emergency handles, and make sure my windows are down to make it easy. I checked my fuse, it was blown, so I changed it. It worked fine for about 4 entry/exits, and then it blew again. WTF ??

Any ideas ???????

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
check go make sure you don't have a short in the wires where they go from the door to the "car". Sometimes they rub the insulation off and short.

That is at least a start.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
My driver side door doesnt work right now either. It doesnt blow fuses but I think its the door's wiring harness and EEM. David Weaver ordered both a new harness and an EEM for me....just need to get over there and have it fixed.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Outside switch can be a blown microswitch - happened in one of our GTS's. Took three tried to get right part, but the micorswitch fixed it.

Inside handle works, just outside doesn't, is probably the microswitch. Shouldn't be too $$$$$.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
JT said:
Outside switch can be a blown microswitch - happened in one of our GTS's. Took three tried to get right part, but the micorswitch fixed it.

Inside handle works, just outside doesn't, is probably the microswitch. Shouldn't be too $$$$$.
I checked it again last night. I can hear a click coming from the outside button when I push it....seems it's getting power, but it doesn't open the door. If I reach in and pull my inside door latch, it kicks the door open no problem. What is between the the outside door switch and the kicker or latch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts