Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have tried this before , but I would like to see if anybody has any info. regarding the changes from the 04 to the 05 in the srt-10 viper. I would hate to pick up a 04 than only have it change to more horsepower or something like that. thanks /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
The only way to know is by checking if any of the VCA regional officers have canceled their orders for an '04 to buy an '05. Don't bother asking any of them personally since they're quite private with their VCA perks. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Sorry, for the jest, but that info is typically and deliberately not released so as to prevent exactly what you're contemplating. I am not in the know, but I haven't heard anything about any major changes to the car.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
stbsrtd said:
I know I have tried this before , but I would like to see if anybody has any info. regarding the changes from the 04 to the 05 in the srt-10 viper. I would hate to pick up a 04 than only have it change to more horsepower or something like that. thanks /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles
I would try calling Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse. They are one of the largest, if not the largest, dealer. And he talks to the guys at DC and can probably advise you if you should wait or not, based on what your desires are for the car. Maybe can't give away any secrets, but a subtle "yeah I'd wait" or "nah buy it now" can say a lot more than the actual words say, ya know?

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
The current SRT is 2 years old. The current engine is 2 years old. Don't expect anything major for '05 or else you'd have seen it already. My guess is that you'll see things like a remote trunk release (they forgot that one) or something equally minor (read: does not require crash or emissions testing/work).

I'd bet '06 will have major changes, though, as DC knows that they cannot stay complacent with the crop of high HP cars getting ready to hit the streets and they can't go as long between design changes / upgrades as they were able to do between Gen I / Gen II.

No inside info - just speculation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.