Registered
12,231 Posts
Happy Birthday Jerome,

Rest in Peace,

Jay "Born a Day Later" K.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I thought about Jerome yesterday. He would have been 49. Hard to believe next month will be a year since he died.
I think about Jerome every day, and thank him. Thank him for scaring the crap out of me with his posts. His posts about B.P. and what he was going through. He made me get off my ass and see a doctor. I had about the same B.P. numbers as he. Lucky for me some medicine and change in diet helped me tremendously. I now have my B.P. under control and feel so much better.

So yes I think and thank Jerome every day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is Jerome's sister Christine. I just want to say thank you to everyone on here who has kept my brother in their thoughts. It has been one of the MOST difficult years of my life. Getting through his birthday and then the one-year anniversary of his death was extremely hard, but knowing that he is not forgotten means the world to us. You guys are awesome, and I know my brother is looking down at all of this ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
By the way...

Did anyone here read or hear about this? This happened about 10 minutes from my house (and Jerome's hometown). I told my (our) Mom that Jerome is definitely up there shaking his head. (I am unable to post links, so you know the deal).

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2014/03/clinton_police_stripped_sports.html

CLINTON — A Dodge Viper reported stolen in New Hampshire in August was stripped and dumped in a parking lot here seven months later, police reported today.
Stolen Dodge Viper under car cover Clinton NJ March 2014Clinton police, called with a report of a suspicious car in an apartment complex parking lot, found this on March 7, 2014.Photo courtesy Town of Clinton Police

The 2001 yellow, T-top sports car was stolen from a home in Plaistow, police said, and turned up under a ripped car cover at the Clinton Village Apartments on West Main Street, not far from Route 78.

That's a trip of nearly 300 miles and the final leg of the journey, Clinton Sgt. Jay Hunter said, was made behind a tow truck or atop a flatbed trailer.

The Viper was stripped of its bumper, hood, quarter panels, roof, doors and seats before it was left in the Clinton parking lot. The tires were still on it.

Sgt. Cory Kubinak was called to the apartment complex parking lot on March 7 at 11:45 a.m. with a report of a suspicious vehicle. When he peeled back the car cover he found what was left of the Viper.

Police think it was brought there no more than a few days before they were notified, but are asking anyone who may have seen anything to call them at 908-735-8611.

The Viper was impounded and processed for evidence. The investigation continues.

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
This is Jerome's sister Christine. I just want to say thank you to everyone on here who has kept my brother in their thoughts. It has been one of the MOST difficult years of my life. Getting through his birthday and then the one-year anniversary of his death was extremely hard, but knowing that he is not forgotten means the world to us. You guys are awesome, and I know my brother is looking down at all of this ...
Jerome has certainly not been forgotten. Many of us here think about him often. I know this past year has been difficult. It will get easier, but life will never be the same.

·
Super Moderator
27,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was just going thru my Linkedin account and Jerome's name keeps coming up. He is trying to say something...........

Jerome, we will be meeting again, over a cold one at the track. I have first round.

Reactions: JGK95

·
Super Moderator
27,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Miss you, Bud. You are with us always.

Reactions: boplaw

·
Banned
13,415 Posts
Jerome passed right after I left the board. I never got a chance to send condolences or contribute anything.

I remember the Somerville shows with Denny and Jerome. Jerome would hook me up with anyone for anything especially my Viper. He even put in some painful hours on my stereo install.

RIP brother.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jerome Sparich

Hello everyone, this is Jerome's sister Chrisine. I want to thank you all for keeping my brother in your thoughts and prayers. As Karen mentioned above, yesterday was his 50th birthday. I still can't believe he is gone. These past 2 years without him have been extremely difficult. I know he met several of you here on this board, and he made some wonderful friends. It's very comforting to see just how many lives he touched.

I wish for all of you a very happy and most importantly HEALTHY new year.

~Christine

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
I never met Jerome but we would often post side by side in threads. He was a funny guy.

Every now and then a n00b or spam bot will bump up an old thread and there will be his posts. It brings back good memories.

·
Premium Member
7,404 Posts
I'm so glad I sent an email to Christine. She is a beautiful person and is genuinely so appreciative of everyone here who continues to keep her brothers memory alive as is her whole family. She sent me an updated picture of Jerome's headstone where they added a photo of him, a photo that I took. That's quite an honor for me to have been able to provide that to their family. It still moves me to think how generous the members here on Viper Alley where contributing to this memorial for Jerome. Being a part of that was and will always be very special for me.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts