Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All contacts were made...race set...JDAWG to run a high HP supra TT...

here's some pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and of course JDAWG

Attachments

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jdawg running

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
Video pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another

Attachments

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the video I had was on a digital camera...not worth a crap..

craig..

JDAWG has headers, cam work, exhaust, vec 2 I believe...That's all I know of..

Not sure all mods the supra had, but I know it has BPU's to say the least, along with a pretty advanced feul management system, he was running low boost and JDAWG and the Sup were at a dead tie. Matt cranked the boost up to about 30 and pulled away during another run. AT low boost, feul management LCD read 550 HP varying a bit here and there.....ran 35 psi and blew an intercooler ring during one of the races. But JDAWG's car is STRONG!!!! and sounds un frickin believeable!!!!

I realize this sucks without video, but I couldn't post it if I had it anyway..don't know how. BUT relax, I'm making another trip up there with a digital cam corder and I'll get it posted.

Funny thing is...Matt (supra owner) wants a viper now. And he will have one for sure after that day. I was impressed by both cars.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see that GX 470 Lexus next to the viper in the above picture?

well, that's Matt's too..Oh by the way..he just turned 17!!!
Kid is spoiled but is cool as they come. He'll have a viper soon. never talked trash even though he could walk most modified vipers at higher boost. This is of course from a highway run which favors the supra...

·
Registered
982 Posts
That Supra has a serious license plate frame. Sund Performance is a Supra Shot around here. We do some dynoing there. You could say, they know a little something about supra's.

Tom

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
if that supra is anywhere over 550-600RWHP the viper will get raped from a roll.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
viper got raped from a roll at high boost..at low boost, viper kept side by side. Supra owner was so frickin impressed he's looking for a viper now. And he will have one with a week or so I'm sure.

That supra is a serious car..2JZ is nothing to play with...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PRVT JET said:
There is no raping going on, jdawg has heads and cam I believe.
Not at low boost...at high boost..there was no race, but that's to be expecting when you're cramming 35 psi down the intake. It was interesting to see a car just pull away from such a monster of a viper. Now, if JDAWG begins to mod...well, it may be different then.

JDAWG is a class act. My girlfriend was actually riding int he car with him. A really nice guy and he KNOWS how to drive that car. :thumb: His car sounds unbelieveable!!!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
PRVT JET said:
Not at low boost...at high boost..there was no race, but that's to be expecting when you're cramming 35 psi down the intake. It was interesting to see a car just pull away from such a monster of a viper. Now, if JDAWG begins to mod...well, it may be different then.

JDAWG is a class act. My girlfriend was actually riding int he car with him. A really nice guy and he KNOWS how to drive that car. :thumb: His car sounds unbelieveable!!!
Your girlfriend was in the car too? That added weight is what must have slowed him down :leaving: :rofl:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PRVT JET said:
What does the supra make at low boost? Jdawg is around 510-520 rwhp I believe.
mentioned above 550 or so..

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
slaughterj said:
Super Squirrel said:
PRVT JET said:

Your girlfriend was in the car too? That added weight is what must have slowed him down :leaving: :rofl:

we had my extra flab and another guy in the back seat in the supra...my girl weighs about 105 lbs.... :nod:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Norm,

Hey everyone. Yes, that Viper is SOOO bad. When we ran the first time, I ran stock boost which is 14.5 psi and about 550 rwhp. The whole time he kept right beside me or maybe pulled a little. The second run I ran about 21 psi, low boost, about 650rwhp. I pulled about a hood on him then. Later I then blew an intercooler piping off the turbo with running low boost. Good races and now I am selling the Supra to get a Viper.

Matthew Haynes

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts