Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an illustration showing the floor jack points on a gen 1? Also, one showing where to locate the jack stands would be helpful.

I have to replace my battery and can't see where there's enough room under the door to fit the jack and a stand.

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a 95. Jack points are just behind front wheel on outer side of car and just in front of rear wheel. You'll see small welded jack points that look like an oblong C shape.

If you don't have a low jack, I mean really low, go to Sears and buy the aluminum racing jack for about $150. It's awesome. If you don't want to wait there is a easy solution with wood but a little bit of a hassle.

Buy (2) 2 x 12 wood boards about 3 feet long each. Drive front wheels on them. This will give enough clearance with most jacks to get to the front driver side jack point. Jack up and place the stand on the square tubular frame where it bends into what looks like a big K. I put mine as close to the 3 arms of the K as possible.

Now move to the front passenger side and you'll see that the frame is so stiff, it now provides you clearance to the front jack point. Now with the front up, move to the driver side just in front of rear wheel. If your jack can reach forward enough to get to the square frame, put it in as much as possible and you'll jack up the rear end at once. If not, use the jacking points on each side and do one at a time. Place the stand on the square frame similiar to the front locations. Do not ever jack up by the rear diff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts