Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Do you have the airbox as well? Otherwise you're sucking in a lot of hot air?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
waste of money if stand alone set, sorry but its all hot air

·
Registered
584 Posts
I bought those too. I resold them on ebay.

Here is what I found with them.

1. You have to use a 3/4 inch drill bit, drill a hole on the side of it, so the air temp sensor will be able to fit in it. Use a rubber gromlet. If you don't drill the whole, you will have to hang your air temp sensor off to the side. I believe this sensor determines how rich or lean your car is running (I am not a mechanic, I could be completely wrong)

2. It definately sounds much throatier. Especially at WOT. You won't notice the difference too much until you take them out of your car and have the stock airbox back in. Then you will realize that they made a nice growl that you will miss.

3. If you drive the car in the rain, now rain is able to get to your engine compartment and dirty it all up.

4. The radiator hose gets in the way. My left intake kept popping off. I am not very handy at all however. Dodge reinstalled it for me, and using large tie wraps to move the hoses, and keep it in place, they made it stay. I decided to mess around with it and it popped back off.

5. You need to buy two additional filters for the hoses you pull out of your airbox.

6. They sound nice, but I went back to stock airbox with high flow filters, and chrome tubes.

7. If you don't like em, just resell them on ebay. You will get your money back so it isn't like you lost out.

When I first intalled them, I did not notice a difference in SOTP at all. Then I had my muffler removed and straight pipes welded in. The car actually felt a lot more responsive and it felt quicker. I thought it was all in my head. When I removed the intakes and put on the factory box with h/f air filters, the car seemed less responsive and it felt like it didn't pick up as quick. It only felt stronger when combined with no muffler. Alone, it didn't, and no rear muffler alone doesn't feel the same either. It might be all in my head, or maybe it had to do with the air temp sensor being too hot or something.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts