Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its official \"The New SRT 10 Will Be Delivered With a Four Speed AUTOMATIC

SRT-10 Ram Quad Cab Truck , that is: [image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/433713-school_021.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
18,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: Its official \"The New SRT 10 Will Be Delivered With a Four Speed AUTOMATIC

The tranny is adapted from a Ram diesel with a beefed up torque converter and a two piece driveshaft in order to handle the 525 ft-lb of torque and tow 7500 lbs. [image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/433717-school_020.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Re: Its official \"The New SRT 10 Will Be Delivered With a Four Speed AUTOM

I wonder if they will introduce an automatic to the SRT10 convertible when they debut the production coupe? Seems like they are trying to get the Viper to fight the likes of an SL? An auto. would firmly land it in the realm of consideration for those interested in an SL55 AMG. my .02

·
Focus!
4,913 Posts

vipernathan said:
Only a matter of time when the automatic is offered on Vipers by DC.
I really, really, really don't see that happening.

·
Registered
527 Posts

put that auto into the shorter and lighter 2 door SRT-10 truck and run 12's stock in the 1/4 :thumb: put smaller brakes on the back so you can fit a 16 inch wheel with MT slicks and put a 200 shot of NOS on and spray 2nd and 3rd gear only (for traction reasons) and you will see 11's /images/graemlins/thumb1

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Clint Sever said:
vipernathan said:
That's alot of really's.

Why wouldn't they throw in an auto? It would be a easy transition now that they already have it running with a Viper engine. It would also be a way to get more people into a Viper. People have been asking for years for auto's. Dodge never did it cause the Viper wasn't supposed to be for mainstream America. I feel that is changing and they want to sell some cars. Sure they can change the color shemes and offer more special editions in 2 years than they did in 10 years with the Gen 1 and 2's, but the fact of the matter is that the newer Vipers just don't have the appeal as the first gen's.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts

Auto in a viper? Great!! They should also add cruise control, cup holders, and little umbrellas that pop out of the doors. Oh, and a V-6 option for those on a budget or want better MPG. Maybe they could tone down the styling a little more. The lines are just too loud. What if I want to blend in with the vettes, 911s, and 3 series bimmers?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

What the hell's so bad about a cup holder? It's a two-hour drive and the track goes hot at 0800. I gots to have my coffee (or Dew, whatever)!

Thanks MGW!! /images/graemlins/smiles

[image]http://www.mgwltd.com/images/glovebox2.jpg[/image]

·
Banned
2,657 Posts

The auto in the truck is a great idea. I wonder if they will ever pick up the 5sp auto from the SL.

But it being in the viper. The viper was never ment to be a "every person's car" It's a car that many would want but few would buy just because of it being so raw. It's not comfy, It's not PC. It's lude, crude and vile. That's the way a viper should always be.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,100 Posts

Fast Freddy said:
put that auto into the shorter and lighter 2 door SRT-10 truck and run 12's stock in the 1/4 :thumb: put smaller brakes on the back so you can fit a 16 inch wheel with MT slicks and put a 200 shot of NOS on and spray 2nd and 3rd gear only (for traction reasons) and you will see 11's /images/graemlins/thumb1
Nobody asked for your opinion. :sleeping:

·
Focus!
4,913 Posts

vipernathan said:
Clint Sever said:
vipernathan said:
That's alot of really's.

Why wouldn't they throw in an auto? It would be a easy transition now that they already have it running with a Viper engine. It would also be a way to get more people into a Viper. People have been asking for years for auto's. Dodge never did it cause the Viper wasn't supposed to be for mainstream America. I feel that is changing and they want to sell some cars. Sure they can change the color shemes and offer more special editions in 2 years than they did in 10 years with the Gen 1 and 2's, but the fact of the matter is that the newer Vipers just don't have the appeal as the first gen's.
I guess I have a lot more faith in PVO listening to it's supporters and their own common sense. The formula for the Viper has always been simple; V-10, 6 speed, RWD, and raw and purposeful in almost every way. While they refined the SRT a bit, the car now handles/brakes/goes fast exceptionally well - admittedly better than the old car, even to a Gen I/II lover like myself. Dodge has had this formula working in different iterations for 13 years now; when they add a coupe it won't have an auto option. And I think the guys/gals at PVO would kill the Viper program before they watered it down with shit like traction control, slushboxes, etc. That crap is for Vette's anyway. They'll save the high-powered auto-shift cars for MBZ and focus on their niche, which so far, has been small but obviously existent.

What Dodge needs to do now, IMO, is bring out the coupe with more power, start factory sponsoring the CC's in ALMS, and insert some racing history into the lineage of the SRT line. That would do more for sales and street cred for the car and the brand than anything else could.

·
Registered
527 Posts

GTS Dean said:
Fast Freddy said:
you can go fuck yourself :fist:

·
Your Humble Servant
9,974 Posts

Fast Freddy said:
GTS Dean said:
Fast Freddy said:
you can go fuck yourself :fist:
Be nice, Freddy. This guy can not only match your punk ass dollar for dollar but he can actually say he EARNED it. Do what you want but if you get a bit too froggy with this one, expect to be brutally horse fucked.

You Pal,
The Hawg

·
Registered
7,282 Posts

gnosys said:
What the hell's so bad about a cup holder? It's a two-hour drive and the track goes hot at 0800. I gots to have my coffee (or Dew, whatever)!

Thanks MGW!! /images/graemlins/smiles

[image]http://www.mgwltd.com/images/glovebox2.jpg[/image]
Great idea! The only thing wrong with this pic is that the poor passenger has to go thirsty or hold their drink until they've finished :nod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.