Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aeromotive fuel pump controller(never used, still new in box)- $225.00==> This unit basically drops the voltage to the pump under cruise conditions so your fuel does not get heated up on the higher HP cars getting recirculated so many times. Without this piece, the upgraded fuel pump pumps flat out and whatever fuel the engine does not use gets returned to the tank, but not before it gets some radiant heat transfer from the engine compartment and from going through the fuel rails. I got this for the Supercharger car but Heffner never got the chance to install it!

Stock forged 5-spoke 17" wheels with pilot sports- $1,000.00 buyer pays shipping

Give me a call on the phone, 630-878-3907, the PM feature for this site is not working.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Venom 1000TT said:
Hey John Hennessey, is this true? I have your TT & mine never shut down. Now I upgraded to the best Aeromotive fuel pump & was wondering if this is a good idea to have or not? /images/graemlins/sad
Jamie, I do not know about shutting down or vaporlocking, but the less heat soaked your fuel is, the better. The controller is still available let me know if you need it!

By the way, how do you like your AEM?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The Fuel pump that has a history of overheating is the Aeromotive A1000. This is the one Hennessey advertised a while back that he was selling in a kit as a "fuel system upgrade, the same as we using in our 1000 Hp Twin Turbo kits" Do some searchs on the Mustang/Camero/Corvette forums and they all bitch that these fuel pumps over heat and shut down. Part of the reason is they were not designed to continue to return fuel. The fuel keeps recirculating and gets warm, These pumps are "cooled" by the flowing fuel and when it gets too warm they shut down. I think this is one of the reasons they developed the item Paolo is selling. (also because cooler fuel is denser, supporting more Hp) I was going to use one until I read the problems people were having. I like the intank pumps better because they are emersed in the fuel and stay cooler.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dansauto said:
The Fuel pump that has a history of overheating is the Aeromotive A1000. This is the one Hennessey advertised a while back that he was selling in a kit as a "fuel system upgrade, the same as we using in our 1000 Hp Twin Turbo kits" Do some searchs on the Mustang/Camero/Corvette forums and they all bitch that these fuel pumps over heat and shut down. Part of the reason is they were not designed to continue to return fuel. The fuel keeps recirculating and gets warm, These pumps are "cooled" by the flowing fuel and when it gets too warm they shut down. I think this is one of the reasons they developed the item Paolo is selling. (also because cooler fuel is denser, supporting more Hp) I was going to use one until I read the problems people were having. I like the intank pumps better because they are emersed in the fuel and stay cooler.
Dan, I had the Aeromotive Eliminator pump without the fuel pump controller. I did everything from a standing mile to driving the car from Chicago to Maryland and back. I never had a problem... BUT, like you say, cooler fuel makes for more HP and, of course, allows for more consistent control of the detonation threshold.

This Aeromotive billet pump controller simply just drops the voltage going to the pump under low load/cruising conditions which makes it pump less fuel when most of it is being returned anyway.

==> Less cycles of radiant heat transfer means cooler fuel and therefore a cooler/better charge for what everybody wants to make more of.........

Seeing that just about every forced induction Viper thus far is most likely running one of the Aeromotive external pumps, I am sure it is only a matter of time before somebody buys it. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
paolo, I might be interested in it. I was looking at making a cooler on the return side of the lines, but was not sure how effective that would be.

How's the beast coming along?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silvergts1998 said:
paolo, I might be interested in it. I was looking at making a cooler on the return side of the lines, but was not sure how effective that would be.

How's the beast coming along?

It's coming like a woman........... With a lot of love in all the right places and attention to detail, this bitch will scream like a Viper never has before! :rofl: :thumb: /images/graemlins/smiles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.