Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has a freakin tow hitch on it! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

More pics HERE...

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album295/DSC05889.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album295/DSC05907.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Makes sense - gotta have something to tow the horse float /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
Imagine that, the GT40 can tow something heavy enough to require a class III hitch, but the SRT truck is rated to tow absolutely zero. Go figure???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Damn that car looks good in black...not a fan of the graphic treatment on the sills but I loooooove that car in black.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
What is that yellow car parked behind it- it kindof looks like a Lambo Muira, but the wheel wells/arches look off??

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Haaaa, I've been seeing a lot of the Ford GT test mules in the past year in Dearborn and some look a lot worse than this. Actually, I just saw a production one on the street today when I left work, yellow with black stripes. My bet is they let some of the development crew take them home over night and on the weekends and that's why this is parked in front of some sub shop. They left one of the test mules unattended in the parking lot of the building they were developing the Ford GT at and I got out to take a peek. All kinds of funky gauges and shit, looked like the imside of that GTO in the movie XXX. I remember before the Aston Martin Vanquish came out this guy near my house took a test mule one home a few times.

Maybe that yellow car behind it is one of the original Ford GT-40's or a Ford GT-40 kit car. Has the same hood scoop.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, that was a VERY early Ford GT test mule, goofy pre-production rear bumper and all. I remember seeing some spy shots of that partucular car early on. But the production version came out very nicely.:D

The yellow car behind the GT looks like some kind of Daytona kit car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.