Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish to make 2 points and leave it for Viper racers to pick up on this if they want. I'll be to the point - please accept I'm trying to be constructive not critical....

1 - there is talk that the rules will be changed now Chad ran an 8. The suggestion was that UNLIMITED would LIMIT itself to 9.0 and a SPECIAL 8 second class would be made so Chad could play with himself until others catch up (sorry Chad about the pun... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif).

This punishes innovation.

UNLIMITED should mean UNLIMITED - Let there be a class where the only requirements are a Viper V10 base and IRS and safety requirements. Any trans that can be driven on the street. If the numbers get up - split the class between auto/race boxes and T-56 variants. Cars like Chads could then race in either depending on which box they run, so racers get a choice.

Hemi and live axle Vipers could race as guests or in a Pro Class as they have in the past.

A new bracket be formed from 9-9.99 - this covers most of what are now in the Unlimited. It enables those in the 9's to run flat out without breaking out - while encouraging tuners to move beyond the 9's to stay in UNLIMITED.

EVERY sanctioning body that becomes popular gets told what to do by a bunch of racers that HATE anyone standing out (unless it is them)....

the joy of the V10 Nationals is that Viper owners can be free of petty rules and find a place where they can race and innovate....

Please don't squash it and be like all the other political bodies which you will if you LIMIT "UNLIMITED" and penalize someone who stands out.

Sure it sucks to be beat by a half second - but does that mean we hold back the innovators -

or does that mean rise to the challenge?

I encourage you to NOT squash innovation but encourage it and to leave Unlimited - just that - split between race boxes/auto and T-56.

2 - a car was excluded from racing at all - even in bracket racing - at great cost to someone and without any good reason... I'll post about this under a thread on Holinger and the V10 Nats. This was very unfortunate and unfair and if we air it now hopefully similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I know everyone is doing their best and I'm not wanting to be negative - just wanting to see the future not become like every other sanctioning body tends to become - overly political. Hope I've worded this constructively.
 

·
Out to lunch
Joined
·
10,532 Posts
TM, Do you own a viper that you plan to participate in the V10 nationals with? Have you ever been to a V10 nationals race? are their any cars running in the V10 nationals with a Torque Monster system? are you a Lawyer? do you have a copy of Roberts Rules of Order? Did you even buy the T-shirt?

Why is something always unfair with you and why must you always be everyone fucking droning mother about shit like this? God did not impart to you in a secret ceremony divine inspiration to accurately see all things, He made you sound like a nagging housewife.

I think Roof has done an incredible thing. He put his money where his mouth is. He put in the time and effort. Listen folks, Its his Bitch he can fuck it anyway he wants. Why must so many people tell him either directly or indirectly "Not good enough" and I, who have no stake in this thing will now tell you how it should be done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,099 Posts
Barry, please be clear that this was unsolicited and actually, we have never even discussed this. Thanks.

I'm a mod limitation type of guy but understand that will not fly at the V-10's. But maybe it could in Unlimited and higher. I think there should be a V-10, IRS, T-56 class (currently Unltd) and a V-10, IRS class (currently Unltd Pro?) which would allow much better trannies capable of MUCH faster times. If the Unltd class allowed any tranny like Barry is suggesting, it would be a great disadvantage for 6-speed cars and stop 6-speed racing innovation. So I guess I'm saying I like it the way it is. Especially since the Viper is king right now and everyone is gunning for us.

But the classes do need some restructuring because everyone is getting faster, mostly thanks to the series. Certainly the 9.90 class needs to be deepened as those cars are now running 80's and even 70's, quick sure but not Unlimited quick.

I think the brackets just need to be lowered to allow for growth. Maybe the 9.90 class moves to 9.60 or even 9.50. And so on for the others. Sorry David, looks like you're out of Unltd. :rofl:

I don't really care where my car falls. I'll show up and run exhibition if that's the only place I'm allowed. But I do think the brackets could use to be lowered to reflect all the progress we've seen this year. And I think Unlimited should not be limited except for tranny. Unlimited for V-10, IRS and T-56 and Unlimited Pro for V-10 and IRS.

So there's the V-10's by Chad. Take it for what it's worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Torquemonster said:
I wish to make 2 points and leave it for Viper racers to pick up on this if they want. I'll be to the point - please accept I'm trying to be constructive not critical....

1 - there is talk that the rules will be changed now Chad ran an 8. The suggestion was that UNLIMITED would LIMIT itself to 9.0 and a SPECIAL 8 second class would be made so Chad could play with himself until others catch up (sorry Chad about the pun... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif).

This punishes innovation.
TQ

You have your nose in everything on planet earth and have never helped. Every where you go you leave a path of so much bull shit and as I have learned by reading most of your post you have done nothing and know everything, in short screw yourself.

Many cars have hit their limit with there current build that has brought them into the 9 sec. range. To force any and every unlimited to race an 8 sec. viper will leave many sitting on the side lines. No matter what happens a best of the best final will take place, all the marbles and that will not leave chad out. By next year you will see more Vipers in a range of Chad through 9.35 sec. Underground has already stepped up and ran a 9.27.
Yes there has been talk to make another class and keep unlimited unlimited. Brice, Norm, 1tony1 all ran unlimited with great runs into the 9 sec. range. SW broke out running a 9.8 all motor so does he do what to his all motor to compete? To make another time slot hurts no one and helps get more to the track. Chad will have plenty of Vipers to race unless you think that the rest of the Viper world has given up. I personally think that Chad has woke up the rest of us with the great build and thanks to Heffner and Chad we will have a great unlimited class full of low 9 and low to high 8sec. Vipers.
You need to do what ever it is you do and leave this to the ones that show up to race or even cheer. Tell us about your CURRENT Viper and build. :rofl: :rofl:
And you have never been constructive, more destructive if anything.
Rohn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Chad - you said it better than me.

and agreed - NOBODY asked me to post, I never even told anyone I would, and Chad and I have never talked about this.

I did it because those that could are too polite to bring it up in the forum and those that make the decisions need another point of view because they are under pressure to go the same way of other sanctioning bodies before them....

Dr Roof - I think you'e done a fantastic job overall - please do not take anything in either of the 2 posts as judging you or the event overall... I'm just (once again) trying to take a position that is easily overlooked in the presures and momentum of progress... it's your baby and I know you want it to be fair.

Nathan - guys like me speak up because guys like you are too ignorant and gutless. YOu're brave to attack the "dork" standing up in a crowd or going the other way - but you will not be found going against the crowd or standing up when everyone else says sit down will you softy?

I told people close to me 6 months ago a Viper could run a high 7 on IRS and they laughed. Like a lot of other things - the scorn will turn to disbelief then ultimately - everyone just accepts it as self-evident and normal when it becomes old news.... stick to things you know.
 

·
Out to lunch
Joined
·
10,532 Posts
Torquemonster said:
Nathan - guys like me speak up because guys like you are too ignorant and gutless. YOu're brave to attack the "dork" standing up in a crowd or going the other way - but you will not be found going against the crowd or standing up when everyone else says sit down will you softy?
Dude, you're not the Hero of the Viper community, You are trying to sell transmissions. Don't fucking try and kid us by offering the sale from the cross you have nailed yourself to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok Ron - your right

the team I did lead ran 6 seconds at well over 200mph in a car that was not that much lighter than yours

how fast have YOU gone again?

I don't need a Viper to know what it takes sunshine - and the step from 9.45 to 8.45 for you could be a dozen or more little steps - or it could be ONE - it all depends on what and who you know.... thinking it's BS doesn't make it BS.

enjoy yourselves playing catch up to the one tuner who did look outside the stagnant pond called Viper knowledge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nohsreg2000 said:
Torquemonster said:
Nathan - guys like me speak up because guys like you are too ignorant and gutless. YOu're brave to attack the "dork" standing up in a crowd or going the other way - but you will not be found going against the crowd or standing up when everyone else says sit down will you softy?
Dude, you're not the Hero of the Viper community, You are trying to sell transmissions. Don't fucking try and kid us by offering the sale from the cross you have nailed yourself to.
Actually Nathan - I have NOTHING to sell - I am out of the game financially and actively. Jason has the box. I am helping bring it to attention because I first contacted Holinger and they have acted with honor. I don't stand to make a cent on anything. Nice try.
 

·
Out to lunch
Joined
·
10,532 Posts
Torquemonster said:
nohsreg2000 said:
Torquemonster said:
Nathan - guys like me speak up because guys like you are too ignorant and gutless. YOu're brave to attack the "dork" standing up in a crowd or going the other way - but you will not be found going against the crowd or standing up when everyone else says sit down will you softy?
Dude, you're not the Hero of the Viper community, You are trying to sell transmissions. Don't fucking try and kid us by offering the sale from the cross you have nailed yourself to.
Actually Nathan - I have NOTHING to sell - I am out of the game financially and actively. Jason has the box. I am helping bring it to attention because I first contacted Holinger and they have acted with honor. I don't stand to make a cent on anything. Nice try.
Choose your Take

1. So because of your immigrant status you had to get a Straw man to handle the importation legalities?

2. So you are just being a meddling housewife?

3. Put it in a car, run it and shut the fuck up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Torquemonster said:
ok Ron - your right

the team I did lead ran 6 seconds at well over 200mph in a car that was not that much lighter than yours

how fast have YOU gone again?

I don't need a Viper to know what it takes sunshine - and the step from 9.45 to 8.45 for you could be a dozen or more little steps - or it could be ONE - it all depends on what and who you know.... thinking it's BS doesn't make it BS.

enjoy yourselves playing catch up to the one tuner who did look outside the stagnant pond called Viper knowledge.
You are an ass that assumes that everyone wants to run a 7 sec. Viper and just maybe some are happy running stock, mod 1 and mod 2. Catch up is only a game if you want to play. I'll stay in my slow 9.45 sec. Viper for another year or 2 thank you. Every sport needs a pace setter such as Chad but not everyone will be Chad and I do not think he cares. Price will dictate the speed of many of the Vipers at the races. Price and dedication to have a vision with a goal.
You need to go back to your TEAM 7 sec @ over 200 MPH or did they run you the tire changer from there like others have done to you ever sense you set sail to AMERICA.
Crossing the big ocean I would bet that you played the west side story song all day long, "I want to live in America, life is so bright in America, ole. :cool:

oh, how fast have we gone, fast enough to knock the shit out of that fence. I would bet that you will never see that fence jump in front of a Viper again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've always thought you were alright Rohn - just didn't like the personal attack when I of all people have nothing to gain by sticking my neck out here.

In the past I have offered to help in any way I could.

I am not blaming or attacking Dr Roof - just pointing out issues. Id' make more mistakes than he has if I were in his shoes - the more I learn the less I know...

sometimes there are just so many sides to an issue - someone has to make a call.... it's just important that some things get heard so the call is made informed.

Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
TQ
yes
always peace even if you have to bring peace with a 500lb-er from 20,000 feet over the target.

You need to step back and give credit that we (everyone involved) will either make this better, better, best or blow away. No one wants any one racer to be stuck out to race the wind and we all enjoyed Chads car when it actually lined up against another. There would be no point to stop advancement by sticking any 8 sec. viper in the back. Then if you take a hard look you will see that no Viper that can run in the 8 sec range would stay in the back.

rohn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John Hennessey said:
I suggest that the racers work it out and the internet racers who dont race stfu.
Fair comment John - and I suggest you start making product with the same expertise that you have in marketing.... because you sure can market - but I've seen your work and your ethics

your fastest car was a customers not yours - so whats the difference - here was the car I did the engine combo for - right down to clearances - see if you can't beat that with one of your super Venom3000TT's

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Torquemonster/Horsepower/Blue_Thunder_Charger1.jpg[/image]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John Hennessey said:
You forgot to insert film in your dojo before going out back to get a cup of ...
:rofl: crap - you noticed?

that's when I pissed on the plants because I forgot the water
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top