Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the search function suck monkey balls?? I try to search for 3 specific words, I use the + symbol, but yet I still get a listing of pretty much every damn post in the particular forum I'm searching.

I even tried to search this section of the forums for "search + issues" and I STILL got rediculous results.

What am I doing wrong??

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/366862-alleyss.jpg[/image]

Eddie

Attachments

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
Its true...I tried searching for "free carfax" and nothing but bullshit comes up, I gave up shortly there after and bought a car fax report. /images/graemlins/sad

·
Enlightened
30,796 Posts
It's a little picky when using more than one word - if you want to search for "free carfax", try +free +carfax or +search +issues

If you don't put the + in front of each work, it assumes its an "optional" word.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats just a big pain in the ass. I guess the advanced search tips pop up makes that kind of clear, but I didnt catch it the first time. As if you don't already have a enough to do, maybe you can modify the page and just add an example?

I'm unfortunately not the only one that cant figure the thing out.

You're the man. :thumb:

Eddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.