Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seemed a year or so ago, all I read were the new times being laid down by the NOS cars. Now I don't hear a thing about them. Have they hit a brick wall?

Everyone seems to have shifted their attention to the forced induction cars. Are we seeing a passing of the torch? Will the s/c and tt cars be the new kings at the track? Do the nitrous guys have anything exciting in the works or are these cars running on empty. /images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
As cars get faster and faster, eventually, the person with the most money will win. NOS cars will haul ass, but to be the fastest you will need to go turbo eventually.

Same thing happend in Pro 5.0 as well as many other racing orginizations. You could compare Superchargers and NOS, but Turbo's are in a leauge of their own. And thus, it is inevetable that a turbo car will hold the big title, and only another turbo car will be able to take it away. :twocents:

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
tito said:
As cars get faster and faster, eventually, the person with the most money will win. NOS cars will haul ass, but to be the fastest you will need to go turbo eventually.

Same thing happend in Pro 5.0 as well as many other racing orginizations. You could compare Superchargers and NOS, but Turbo's are in a leauge of their own. And thus, it is inevetable that a turbo car will hold the big title, and only another turbo car will be able to take it away. :twocents:
Yup, you hit the nail on the head.

I still think the quickest and high MPH will come from two power adder cars. I small shot of N20 and Turbo.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
J/D I think that the price of the TT and S/C cars are becoming affordable along with the fact that the TT and the S/C will not tear up the motor like Nitrous. Then again BTR Tom won the unlimited with nitrous and the 6 speed w/nitrous record is 9.456.
The RSI S/C w/ a small shot ran 9.50 at the V-10 in Florida.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jkracer said:
J/D I think that the price of the TT and S/C cars are becoming affordable along with the fact that the TT and the S/C will not tear up the motor like Nitrous. Then again BTR Tom won the unlimited with nitrous and the 6 speed w/nitrous record is 9.456.
The RSI S/C w/ a small shot ran 9.50 at the V-10 in Florida.

J/K, without a doubt come race day up to this date Tom as well as any car RSI shows up with is and has been top dog. I look forward to how the tt evolves and it seems to be the new force to recken with.

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
No doubt, forced air development has come a long way, and we are all glad to see it. It was boring getting beat by the same folks all the time...LOL

As for who's the best on race day, it boils down to (3) factors in my opinion;

1. Reliability
2. Driver skill
3. LUCK

Us Nitrous folks are still here, doing well and remaining competitive. It's all about focus, and there are other options available for folks to focus on. Im just glad to see the forced air Tuner/Customer WARS have died down.

Later,

Tom

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
ViperJEDI said:
No doubt, forced air development has come a long way, and we are all glad to see it. It was boring getting beat by the same folks all the time...LOL

As for who's the best on race day, it boils down to (3) factors in my opinion;

1. Reliability
2. Driver skill
3. LUCK

Us Nitrous folks are still here, doing well and remaining competitive. It's all about focus, and there are other options available for folks to focus on. Im just glad to see the forced air Tuner/Customer WARS have died down.

Later,

Tom
Tom it is good to see that the Tuner Wars have died for a while but it is just a matter of time before the mud sligging starts again!

As for the NOS guys I know that races are usually won by the NOS but each race the margin gets closer and closer and this is where the 3 points you mentioned comes in!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts