Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a set of Forgestar F14 wheels for my '99. I want 18x11's (295 30 18 tires) and 19x13's (345 30 19). My concern is the offset that is available. The front F14 is 1" wider than stock with a +44 offset, (compared to the stock offset of +51). The rear F14 has a +62 offset, (compared to the stock +71 offset). If my math is correct, the front wheel will sit 32.4mm (1 1/4") farther out than stock. The rear F14 should sit 9mm (about 3/8") farther out than stock.

Soooo, my question to anyone who is running these wheels is are my calculations correct? Do you have any issues with these offsets? One of my main concerns of stone chips on the side of the car.

Just for reference, the attached photo came from a vendor's website. It shows the exact wheels and tire combo that I am considering.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have those on my car but with 355/30 tires in the rear. The wheel fitment is perfect IMHO as the wheels (and my tires) are still within the wheel wells but are right at the end of them.

IMHO the worst decision I feel I made was with the fronts. If I could do it all over again, I would 100% either get 19's in the front to go along with the 19's in the back or I would have run a 295/35/18 tire in the front. The 295/30/18 has just to small of a sidewall. It looks off to me but it also lowered the front of the car while increasing the wheel gap. I lowered the car with BC racing coilovers and still have a rather large wheel gap but still scrape on EVERYTHING.

It's probably just personal preferences though but how I feel about them. If you are local to central TX and still want the 295/30 I'd be more than happy to sell you my front wheels and tires (maybe the rears too) so I could change to a larger front.

Reactions: HughJass
1 - 2 of 2 Posts