Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys post some cool facts about the Viper?

Such as champion history...the Viper has won some kind of award for being gt champion 3years in a row? I remember reading something like that.

Also remember reading that the engine was designed by Lamborghini? Is there any truth to this?

I read an interesting little article in Mens Health Magazine, they voted the Viper as the 2nd "Most Desireable Car" in the world. Ranked only behind the Porsche 911 Turbo.

I tend to get the feeling that people are Viper haters! They think its a kit car, has no real history, blahblahblah. Feel like boasting to my friends on how great this car is, so any cool facts would help! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Landscaping Professional
14,097 Posts
Lamborghini cast the first several aluminum blocks. Their engineering staff helped refine the coolant flow paths in the heads and upper block areas. The ash tray is straight from a Reliant K-car. The parking brake handle is from a LeBaron K-car. The rear brake calipers were first used on some AMC sedans that Dodge helped design after the takeover.

The Viper GTS-R was originally raced as a GT-1 car at LeMans. One of the CANASKA team's cars hit in excess of 240mph on the straights, and finished in the top 10 overall its first time entered in the 24. Subsequently, the cars were restricted power-wise to compete in GT-2, where they won 3 consecutive LeMans class victories. The T-56 transmission was it's weakest link, often costing an hour or more to replace during a 24 hour event. The GTS-R was not the first Viper to run LeMans - a pair of 94 RT/10s were campaigned in the 95 race.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.