Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Enlightened
30,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people are paying to cover their Viper (seen alot of talk about it lately).

I have a real bad record with a Reckless (Speeding) in the past year - so my rate is $1,200/year ('00 RT10, 38, married, 3 autos).

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
MP:

This is SOOOOO subject to location (and how many cars and/or homes are insured on the same policy) that answers are virtually incomparable.

That being said, I pay $1,700 a year for the Viper for FULL maximum coverage.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I'm not understanding how in NYC and DC area, that you have such cheap rates compared to me in NC. Mine is with USAA (should be cheap, yes?), Viper (18k / year) & F150 Supercrew (8k / year), is $2k / year, and I have high deductibles ($500 comprehensive, $1000 collision), and my tix are too old be counted against me (but maybe one minor speeding?).

·
Enlightened
30,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had USAA until they tried to push me into their General group because of my bad history (and tried to triple my rates over $600 in paid out damages). After 20 years of no claims they tried to screw me, so I went to Prudential.

I believe I have $500 deductibles across the board. Overall my yearly insurance is very high, but since I'm listed a primarily driving the Durango (for which I pay $1,800 a year!), I'm not getting hit so hard on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
packetjunkie said:
Just wondering what people are paying to cover their Viper (seen alot of talk about it lately).

I have a real bad record with a Reckless (Speeding) in the past year - so my rate is $1,200/year ('00 RT10, 38, married, 3 autos).
Well it seems as though you may not have much to complain about at $100/mo. Actually, based on nearly any location except for maybe the most rural areas and the reckless driving on your record it sounds like your insurance rate is kind of cheap [read: maybe your under insured?]. Shop around via the internet for quick comparisons and don't forget to consider the company's viability and claims experience of others when making the final insurance company selection. Never hurts to check around and see what's out there.

·
Enlightened
30,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Viper is not much more than my Excursion; however, as me as the princible driver on the Durango, we're paying $4,000+ a year for all three cars.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
1650.00 a year....and getting ready to go down as soon as I add my 85 Honda accord as primary again.

2004 Scion XB first
2003 GMC Truck second
2000 GTS third

29 not tickets/accidents (knock on wood!!) 100/300 coverage and 250 ded.

Live in CA.....

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
slaughterj said:
I'm not understanding how in NYC and DC area, that you have such cheap rates compared to me in NC. Mine is with USAA (should be cheap, yes?), Viper (18k / year) & F150 Supercrew (8k / year), is $2k / year, and I have high deductibles ($500 comprehensive, $1000 collision), and my tix are too old be counted against me (but maybe one minor speeding?).
I'm surprised too. More surprised that your insurance is higher than here.
I use Geico and insure 2 cars, MB ML is #1 and the Viper is #2. The ML is charged $1,750 and the Viper $1,700. Around here, that's dirt cheap, but around the rest of the country, it seems that's wildly expensive. (except for Jersey /images/graemlins/wink )

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dont feel bad dude. I'm 26, have a clean record, not married, but live with my 25 yr old GF who has 2 speeding tickets. I pay $600 / mo for my Viper.. she jacked the price up even tho she's not a driver.

Total price of all 3 of my cars.. $1200 / MO yikes...

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
I'm 23, have 1 speeding ticket, totaled my last vehicle. I'll be paying $970/year on a 94 snake (not the primary car on my insurance).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
33, married, wife 28, 1 child 8 months old, no tickets and we live in Omaha, NE. $800 per year for the Viper only. This is through Buckeye Insurance. The broker is in Springfield, NE. All of my other vehicles are on my company policy with Hartford. I also own a home in C.B. IA just across the river and when I move there full time it will drop to about $700 per year.

I have unlimited mileage and a $500 deductible.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Slow Eddie said:
I don't get it. I'm 26/married/with one ticket, and my wife is 24/married/with no tickets, and I pay $1600 per year just for a 95 mazda and an 03 daily driver.

Eddie
You live in Bakersfield too, which I would think would be less expensive....I use an insurance company out of San Diego called Wawanesa....I know its a fucked up name but they are great. I have my homeowners with them too....Check them out on the web and give them a call....They are awesome....

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
GoddFadda said:
Dont feel bad dude. I'm 26, have a clean record, not married, but live with my 25 yr old GF who has 2 speeding tickets. I pay $600 / mo for my Viper.. she jacked the price up even tho she's not a driver.

Total price of all 3 of my cars.. $1200 / MO yikes...
Kick her out!!!!!!!

·
Enlightened
30,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why would your girlfriend effect your rates? Is she on your insurance? You might try seperate policies in that case (no reason for you to pay higher rates because of a GF)..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.